“Outstanding Hotel, and Staff..................” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown

You added Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   282 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA 95113 (Formerly Convention Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Sacramento, California
“Outstanding Hotel, and Staff..................”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The management team was very receptive to my needs and questions. Management treated me like a family member in their home. Management ensured that my stay was the ultimate hotel experience. They provided me with a complimentary dinner at the hotel restaurant (very delicious meal), for my small inconveinience. Hotel has modern decor, rooms are plush and quiet, with a great work out room. I will most definately stay and eat here again on my next visit to San Jose. Hotel is centrally located in the downtown area, close to shops and restaurants. They gained a repeat customer.

Room Tip: Book online, and ask to face the north side.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I travel quite a bit for with job and stay at a number of hotels. I have found the Crowne Plaza San Jose to be one of the best in terms of customer service, cleanliness, and overall quality. My room was clean and the bed comfortable. The employees are so friendly. I found them willing to "go the extra mile". I would certainly recommend this hotel to any one traveling to San Jose

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
burbank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located across from the convention center. The beds are OUTSTANDING, I am thinking about ordering their pillows for my house :) I love them!!! I prefer staying here over any other hotel in the area because I know I am guaranteed a good nights sleep. Their coffee is yummy and the front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I had 3 different reservations and lots of questions, Tony was patient enough to help me get everything squared away. He never got frustrated and answered all my questions. The free apples at the front desk are a nice treat. They also have a couple computers in the lobby that allow you to surf the web and print stuff for free. Thank you Crown Plaza for not letting me down again!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed here because the Hilton was full and I wanted to get American Airline miles. It was affordable <$200) and the bedding was nice. The staff was pleasant, there was a basic restaurant and bar and the lobby was small but okay. There are much better hotels in the area, but some that you would expect to be top notch are only "okay" (Marriott and Hilton) and can be pretty expensive. Basically, a decent, but very average hotel. Street noise was pretty bad in the room until I turned on the fan. Very close to the convention center and Adobe. The wireless internet was EXCEEDINGLY slow.....

The big irritation was that the normal room supplies (soap and such) were not provided until I asked for them at the front desk. There was, however, a sign that said that any unused shampoo or soap will be given to kids in developing countries.

Really? Is that why you didn't give me any shampoo or soap Crowne Plaza? Did you ship it to Cameroon and give it to some poor child so he can at be clean and smell like lilac while he starves to death?

Screw that cheap crap-- I paid $200 a night and, since I can't bring shampoo along with me on the plane, I darn well expect it to be provided by a $200 a night hotel. The pretense that you didn't provide it because of some great benevolent impulse on your part (and at my expense) is BS. You were just being cheap.

In short, stay elsewhere unless this hotel is the only one available or is way, way cheaper than the competition.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
thoken, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear "Middle Aged Man":

We do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza San Jose. I was pleased to see you positive comments regarding the bedding and the pleasant staff.

I was disappointed to learn that your room was void of the basic bathroom amenities. This was a rare oversight on the part of our housekeeping staff, and for that I am very sorry.

As your review indicates, we do donate the shampoos and soaps that are opened by our guests and not completely used, to an organization that cleans and recycles these products to help underdeveloped countries. Clean the World is a reputable organization that works with many hotels including ours and has helped countless children around the world, with what would otherwise be thrown away as trash.

Our participation in this worthwhile organization has absolutely nothing to do with our housekeeper who apperantly missed a 'step' in replenishing your bathroom amenities.

Again, I am truly sorry for the overshight and for the perception it left you regarding your stay with us. We certainly value our customers, their feedback, and certainly do not ever intend to deprive them of anything but excellent service and superior accommodations. I do hope that you will forgive our misstep and give us another opportunity to host your stay, should travels bring you back to the San Jose area.

Sincerely, Thor Kennedy
Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

The Crowne Plaza Downtown-San Jose was the host hotel for our dart league championship over the weekend. The management and staff were absolutely the best we have ever encountered. Friendly, efficient and a "can do" attitude from everyone!!!
If you are looking for a facility to host an event of any kind, look no further.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I would highly recommend this location for hosting a conference, or staying over night. They were great to work with! They were very accommodating for our event of 450 people.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I chose the hotel because of its proximity to the Convention Center, and because I could use priority club points for part of my stay.

The first night, when I bent down to plug in my laptop I saw trash under the bed. Not completely under the bed- just right next to a power strip they have set up at the edge. The next morning, I asked the concierge to please make sure the floors were cleaned a bit better. He was abrupt and didn't seem too concerned, but he made a note of it.

The second night, when I bent down to plug in my laptop...I saw trash under the bed. Not the same trash- different trash that I had not seen before.

That triggered my eye to see all the spots, the imperfections, and it made the room feel grimy, dingy, and dirty.

I never expect perfection from a hotel, but it should have been a bit better than that, especially at this price point.

The location is perfect; shame they can't keep up the interiors of the rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown? Share your experiences!