“Good Accomodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, San Jose Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, San Jose Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, San Jose Airport
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
New Hampshire
“Good Accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Good place to stay. Reasonably priced. Spacious rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Redlands, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Good:

The room seems to be recently upgraded with nice flat screen. Overall comfortable and clean room with nice big breakfast area. Good location nearby the airport. Decent service.

Bad:
Slow slow internet connection. Both Wifi & wired internet connections were inadequately slow. This hinders my work very much. So, this is a real negative point for me.
Inflexible management upon reasonable request.
Fan noise in the bathroom was so loud, and no option to turn it off when the light is on

Summary
Good location with good accommodation. They really need to upgrade their internet speed to cater to business travelers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Clovis, Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Stayed one night for my son's game. Easy check in. Rooms average hotel room size, smallish bathroom. Very clean. Quiet. Stayed in a 2 "queen" room. Actually the beds were more in the double bed size range than queen. It's a complex of 2-story buildings, easy to navigate. They state it's a continental breakfast, it was more of a deluxe continental. No hot dishes per se but they had a round egg-type pancake and bacon which you could microwave for a hot meal; also french toast. Good variety of cold cereals, yogurt, canned fruit, oatmeal, toasts, and hard boiled eggs. There's a Sarbucks, Chipolte, and Chinese restaurant literally across the lobby parking lot. Had a courtyard room overlooking the pool (heated) and hot tub which looked clean and well-maintained. Overall a good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I chose this hotel because I thought I would give a Marriott property a try. The property is a little hard to find from the street because it is behind a strip mall. After circling the block once, we drove in the right driveway to the front entrance. Checking in was very smooth. Received a bottled water and a snack upon check-in. Our room on the second floor was very clean. Loved having the microwave and refrigerator in the room. There was a safe too! The shower curtain was very thin and it leaked some water on the floor. Bed was comfortable. TV was a flat panel. The best part was the breakfast the next morning. It had many items that I liked, including the Pancake Sausage on a stick (similar to a corndog), yogurt with granola, too!!! (The last Hampton Inn I stayed at lacked many breakfast items, so I was a happy camper here!) I worried about airplane noise, did not bother me at all.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We had a 7 hour layover in San Jose. When we arrived at SJC at 11:00 p.m., the hotel sent a shuttle to the airport immediately. The hotel is very close to the airport. We left the following morning at 5:45 a.m. and the shuttle driver took us to airport. The breakfast didn't start until 6:00 a.m., but we were still able to get a nice breakfast before we left. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We'd stay there again. The room was clean and new and the rate was excellent (booked online).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed here because it was the best deal we could get via Marriott rewards. So we had a nice double queen room for a great rate for a one-night stay. Unless need to be near the airport the location is not great, but it was a nice and comfortable hotel with a decent free breakfast. If you can get a great rate and can't find a hotel in a nicer location, it's definitely a good bet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

My stay got off to a bad start. I chose this Fairfield Inn for an overnight because of its proximity to the airport and its advertised free shuttle service. My flight arrived early just before 11 PM and after picking up my baggage, including bulky video equipment I use professionally, I was directed to the hotel shuttle pick-up area some distance from baggage claim. There was no indication of a Fairfield Inn shuttle, so I called the hotel and was told that shuttle service ended at 11 PM. When I asked how I should get to the hotel, a taxi was suggested. So I hauled my bags back to the terminal and got in the taxi line. The fare for the half-mile drive to the Fairfield Inn was $15. To make matters worse, when my taxi pulled up at the hotel, there sat the shuttle with the driver standing outside. I was not happy and expressed my dissatisfaction to the desk staff, pointing out that there is no mention of the hotel's limited shuttle hours in their online information.

The room itself was adequate with some design flaws. The room was stuffy when I entered, so I turned on the fan, which filled the room with a scent of mildew. Worse was the fact that the fan was sited such that it blew directly on the bed. The bathroom was so small that the toilet is installed at an angle so your knees don't hit the bathtub. And worst of all, the slow-draining shower left me standing in dirty water, which still hadn't drained the next morning. For $169 +$23/tax per night, I expect better.

On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the self-serve breakfast had acceptable options, despite some complaints here. And I must say that when I checked out the next morning, the desk clerk had heard of my problem the night before and reimbursed me for the taxi fare.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!