“Neat old Art Deco hotel in San Jose not good WiFi” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel De Anza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West Santa Clara St., San Jose, CA 95113   |
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Calgary
“Neat old Art Deco hotel in San Jose not good WiFi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

but they say its being fixed. Great Staff no real close off site parking. Liked the raid our pantry program nice to be able to get a little something with out a lotbof fuss. The HVAC in the room was questionable and OLD but the windows opened which was really nice.

What I apriciated most about the staff is when they were having the WiFi issue they moved me to a room right over the lobby in which it worked great.

Room Tip: Check the WiFi
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Campbell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel was recommended for guests attending a special wedding last weekend. Our party included 3 rooms and a separate suite. Our rooms were all close together, as requested. The suite was a great place for us to gather after the reception and for morning coffee. AND what a nice bonus to "raid the pantry". I missed a coffee maker in our room but saw from an earlier comment that one was provided when requested. I was very impressed with the hotel staff, from reception to valets. All friendly and professional. Unfortunately we were too tired after the wedding reception to make it to the Hedley Club and listen to jazz. Another time. We also didn't have a chance to try the restaurant. Another time. We look forward to staying here again. This is an excellent location to downtown San Jose and the HP Pavillion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were booked at the De Anza for business and were very pleased. The room was very comfortable and updated. The location is perfect for walking around downtown San Jose. Many restaurants close by. No complaints here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I saw this hotel has some mixed reviews (as do most) but I thought this was a pretty good choice in the San Jose area. It is nice to stay somewhere other than the huge chains and this hotel does have a lot of character. My room was very clean and smelled good. The amenities in the room were also very good and the bed very comfortable which is always important. I thought the cookies upon check-in and the chocolates on the bed each night were great. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast at the restaurant is a fairly standard hotel breakfast in terms of food and price ($15) but I wouldn't recommend it as it wasn't great. We walked over to Flames on Fourth Street for breakfast and enjoyed that much more at a better price. The internet also seemed a little slow to me.

Overall I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Palo Cedro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Old hotel with a great renovation. Fantastic! Great night sleep, no noise excellent (firm) bed and pillows. Fantastic location with lots of food and entertainment near. Valet parking is very convenient. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Pearl NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Anza 5 nights in July.

We had great service from the staff.
Being from the East coast, we were up very early for California standards.
There was no coffee machine in the room but they gave us one when we asked.

They were very helpful.

The room was very comfortable.

The location is close enough (small 10 minute walk) to the train station, the HP Pavillon (Hockey arena) and the convention center.

Lots of restaurants close by too.

I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed for one night. Unknown to me, they charged my credit card for 3 nights. Returning to my room at 1:00am, I requested a wakeup call at 5:00am to catch my 5:40am ride to SFO. In the room the phone was beeping every few minutes. Was told by the front desk I must have a message. Checking the phone system, it required a login ID. I called the front desk and they said they would clear it. 15 minutes later, and the phone still beeping, I again called the front desk. I told them to come to my room and wake me at 5:00am (now only 3-1/2 hrs away) as I was disconneting the phones. I fell asleep and was awakened at 5:40 by a hotel employee telling me my ride was here. I was rushed out without even an invoice. I am still disputing the overcharges on my crdit card with these bozos.

Room Tip: My tip for a good room? Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel De Anza? Share your experiences!