We got a great deal on a suite, which was only a little bit more than a regular room. ALL the suites are corner rooms facing busing Alameda street. We were in room 201, which is on the top flop floor closest to the traffic light at the corner of The Alameda and Newhall streets. We requested the top floor because we didn't want the possibility of noise above our room.
The worst part of the room was the noise. Of all the apartments in Manhattan I have lived in, I have never experienced more street noise than I did in this room. I didn't notice any airport noise, probably because the street noise was so loud. Our stay was partially a business trip for my boyfriend, who did not have to experience the noise from the room during the day like I did. On top of traffic noise from Alameda, when large heavy vehicles passed by, the whole room vibrated, which indicates a foundation problem with the building. That issue was only present during the daytime. Also, the pedestrian walk signal makes a sound like a whistle, that you can hear loud and clear when it is used. The good thing is that the noise in the evening is considerably less, and it did not disturb our sleep. I didn't notice the pedestrian whistle sound at night.
Besides all of that, the suite was very spacious. All the rooms in the hotel have been renovated. The bed was comfortable, but for some odd reason the hotel didn't replace the pillows, which were very lumpy. The decor was okay, pretty average for a Best Western trying to modernize on a budget. Unfortunately the pool area was closed for renovations. We didn't partake in breakfast. There was a DVD player in the room, and guests can check out two DVDs at a time from the hotel's selection.
The suite's bathroom was wonderful. There was a walk in shower which had a great shower head and nice tiling. It felt like a luxury bathing experience using the shower each day.
If I could rate the shower by itself it would be a 5. If it wasn't for the noise in the room I would say my overall rating would be a 3.5.
The hotel is just down the street from the city of Santa Clara, which was convenient when we dined at the restaurants in that area. Also, the Egyptian museum and the Municipal Rose Garden are about a 5 minute drive from the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western - San Jose Airport Plaza Hotel San Jose
- Best Western - San Jose Airport Plaza Hotel
- Best Western San Jose
- San Jose Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most charming San Jose, California hotels, the Best Western Airport Plaza delivers old-world charm, modern style and a central location right near the San Jose Airport and San Jose Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Airport Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.