“Ripp off gave me conterfit money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of San Jose Airport Central Motel

You added San Jose Airport Central Motel to your Saves list
San Jose Airport Central Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1440 North First Street, I-880, 1st Street Exit, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly Motel 6)   |
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Sacramento
“Ripp off gave me conterfit money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Me and my bestfriend were passing through and stayed at the red roof inn in San jose.we had go to seprate rooms I payed with cash and put a 100$ deposit down of cash.when I went to get my deposit back the younger man at the register gave me 5 conterfit 20$ bills .by the time I relized I was 4 hours away on our way home.I contacted the hotel and the lady said I must have gave them the conterfit.Which was a lie because I had just got the money out of the bank.then 2 days later my girlfriend who had got her room with a credit card notices that the red roof had took 200$ out of her account.and she called an they said check our was 11 and we checked out at 11:06 which even still why would they take 200$ if the room was 80$ a night??? These guys are scamers we reported to the police!! Be carefull

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
FL native in the St Louis IL side heartland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I was surpised at the Red Roof Inn was for the money. They have done recent renovations and the pool was drained during my stay so I am assuming that they are redoing it. It's on the rail/bus line and a 1/2 block from a 24 hour Denny's on one side and a 7-11 next door so you can get just about anything you might need. I am writing this review from the hotel and I have had no problems with the internet access. There were some really exceptional features and some real disappointments but they balanced out to an average stay. I was disappointed by the pool since I had to stay on a Sunday with nothing to do but watch football and I wanted to lay out at the pool, but this was balanced by the very very comfortable bed--which since I have some MAJOR back issues is a huge plus for me. Soft pillows and plenty of them and lots of towels too, a big plus for me. The room (122) was very clean, fairly large, with an iron, full size board and a blow dryer and had a desk area with a nice office chair and a dressing area with good light for makeup application. However, the ONLY telephone was over in the office area so I couldn't answer or use the phone from the bed--an overlooked inconvenience on their part, but again--they aren't native-born and used to these little details. There was no bathtub and the shower could have been a little cleaner--also there were none of the little toiletries I have come to expect. The towels were clean and fresh smelling although a little Downey would have made them softer. The maids didn't speak a word of English although they were pleasant enough and when I addressed them in Spanish, they were eager to help and gave me what I asked for. The carpet was new and the colors in the room were pleasant. The toilet paper was imported from a 3rd world country though--it was like cardboard. The hotel is a mix of good and bad and if they would pay attention to the details, they could be outstanding--but the owners are not from this country and I think this has a lot to do with the wild inconsistencies and paradoxes. The TV was a nice flat screen and it was hi-def but they didn't have the hi-def programming which was confusing, and the batteries in the remote were just about dead--yet another overlooked detail. They were supposed to have a fridge and a microwave in the room but they didn't, but the A/C was excellent and the hi-speed wireless internet was very good although the username and password they gave me was long and involved for some unknown reason. Again, a small detail but the little things are what knocked them from 4 stars to 3 and they could be really good if they'd pay attention to the details. There were nice lights above the bed so I was able to see my computer clearly without glare from an incandescent bulb. It wasn't great but it wasn't a disaster and it could have been so much worse! I got what I paid for and probably a little more, and if they start paying attention to the small details, they could really be a great value for the money! I think they are trying to improve so I'd be willing to stay here again and if they are on an upswing then in a month or two, they should be really nice--and the location by the airport was unbeatable for the $66 a night rate.

• Liked — great location
  • Disliked — It's going through a transitional phasse
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorktown, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

If you can't afford a better hotel, then sleep at the airport. We stayed here because of the great reviews on tripadvisor, but I now know to take the reviews with a bag of salt. Half of the pillows had large stains on them, there was food stuck to the counter, the sink had only a trickle of water, and the bed was uncomfortable. We would have left but had to be at the airport very early.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

This place was not what I expected, I have stayed at other motels in the area for business, and they are usually filled with drug-dealers and prostitutes. However this place asked for all the necessary information to ensure I was the kind of guest they wanted, which I appreciated. The motel room has large flat screen TV's, and very comfortable serta beds. The place is located close to a light-rail station which takes you to the convention center, and has a Denny's located right next door. I would recommend this motel to anyone that is in San Jose for business.

• Liked — Comfortable Beds/Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

My visit was business related so I needed accomodations in this specific area. I found the staff to be helpful - from the front desk to housekeeping. My room was the "Business Deluxe". Oddly enough we got a cheaper rate by calling the hotel on the day of my visit than I found on the internet.

Pros:
The room size was adequate.

Nice comfy bed with nice sheets, marble counter tops in bathroom and vanity area.

Microwave and fridge were newer and working great.

A dedicated desk area for working, swivel adjustable desk chair, and 3 easy to get to power outlets.

A WONDERFUL flat screen TV that pivoted so it could be watched comfortably in bed or at the desk.

Good towels.

Nice hot water and shower head.

A window in the bathroom that opens for cross ventilation in the room.

We stayed in a second floor unit in the back so there was very little road noise.

Cons:
Heating/Cooling unit is noisy and seemed to take a long time to heat the room (winter visit).

In the king bed unit we stayed in, the bed is about 18 inches from the Heating/Cooling unit so the person in bed by the unit gets air blown on them constantly.

Very cheap bath soap and shampoo.

Small shower - one person at a time only.

And the worst, for business travel, the WIFI is erratic and VERY slow. There were hours every day that I could not even get a web page to load even though the signal said, "very good".

• Liked — Flat screen TV!
  • Disliked — WI FI connection was very poor.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2004

Near the airport, right on the light rail line, and next door to a 24-hour Denny's, this budget motel is everything I expected it to be.
The one surprise? How clean my room was! The one disappointment?
Someone parked a Hummer right outside my door. But that's not the motel's fault (though they could have asked the guest to park a little further away with such a noisy vehicle). Management is friendly (gave me the AAA discount even though I had forgotten to bring my card) and fair. It was a bargain room, just about what you'd expect for $65/night. A step above a Super 8. Location is good if you're there for a convention (I was) and if you have a car (I didn't). But the room was well-ventilated, good cable tv, a VERY clean bathroom, and had good lighting, a working coffee maker, and a hot shower. A few problems though--the vending machines didn't work, the continental breakfast is pathetic (juice in Dixie cups and preservative-filled sweet rolls wrapped in plastic), and my friends had to change rooms because of an ant problem in their room. Other than that, though, it's a fairly good motor lodge.

Been to San Jose Airport Central Motel? Share your experiences!