I stayed there for 5 nights in June on a business trip. It was OKay for what I paid ($85/night+tax), considering hotels in the San Jose region tend to be quite expensive. I am a frequent traveler.
- Easy access to the Light Rail. The stops for the Light Rail are just outside the hotel compound. I took it everyday to go to the Convention Center. Trains came relatively frequently because there are two lines going from the airport to downtown.
-Very charming garden. Definitely get a room facing the garden. (Half of the rooms face the garden). You can't get this kind of serene view in most hotels, even high-end ones.
- The room I stayed in was apparently recently renovated, with granite counter top, and fairly clean tiles on the walls and floor. The closet door is also a full floor-to-ceiling mirror.
- Even though it is an airport hotel, I never heard any airplane during the night. (I didn't stay in the hotel during the day).
- Free wireless Internet, but no wired Internet.
- The restaurant food is below average. Not that the food itself is not good, but the cooking is pretty bad. The buffet breakfast, which is very reasonable in price, has quite limited selections (no sausages, during the 5 days I was there), and the bacons were hard like cardboard. The scrambled eggs sometimes turned out like mush...
- No room service after 9:30pm. Restaurant also closes after 9:30pm.
- No elevator to the second floor. (The hotel only has two floors, but no elevator, so if you have heavy luggage, it's not convenient).
- Closet is very small. Only enough room for one-person's things.
- The AC unit (one for each room) is quite noisy.
- The iron was old and dirty -- I had to use a towel to clean the iron before I used it. It left dark yellow gunk on the towel...This is definitely unacceptable for a hotel.
- The smell! My sense of smell is not that good, and usually others would complained about the smell before I do. But even I was bothered by the smell in the bathroom. Some other reviewers complained about the sewage smell. That's exactly it. It is very unpleasant. I did some checking to see where the smell is coming from, since the bathroom seems to be newly renovated and the fixtures are quite new. The only conclusion I can draw is that the bathroom fixtures are probably not properly installed. (If a p-trap is not installed properly on a drain, one gets the sewage smell!) I can tell the workmanship of the installation is poor, since the hot/cold water was installed wrong (hot on the right side and cold on the left side). Another source of the smell comes from the particle board used to construct a set of drawers near the closet area. They used really cheap particle boards with very smelly glue.
So all-in-all, I feel that even though the hotel is trying to put on a good appearance, they cut corners on renovation and on labour/material. Not a hotel for you if you want to enjoy a nice relaxing holiday or a pleasant business trip, but if you want to save money, it could be it.
choose the garden view rooms.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.