“Completely overpriced. Unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W San Fernando Street
Transit: VTA Light Rail: San Antonio station VTA Buses: First & Paseo de San Antonio station Public transit stops are located on 1st street; our main entrance is located on S. Market street. Walk from 1st street to S. Market street using the Paseo de San Antonio Walk.
Eureka, California
“Completely overpriced. Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed last month at the hotel. I am from Northern California. i booked my room and with the presidents club made a TEA reservation.
I get to the hotel and there is a reservation problem. The Pres club man tells me it will be 1/2 hour before I can sit down for tea.
When I sat down I read that the tea with champagne was fourty nine dollars. It was supposed ot have a glass of LAURENT Perrier. I ordered it and was brought a champagne flute of a rose colored champagne. I walked up to the bar and sure enough a bottle of Rose Chandon, or as I like to call the supermarket 8.00 special. Not exactly the Laurent. As I sat back down I heard the bartender talking about how she was not aware the difference. I think she must have been filling in. (cough)
The tea itself had only 4 tiny sandwiches, which in the weekly teas I have been to are usually plentiful, and gorgeous. The Fairmont's tea had four tiny sandwich's served on what looked like ROSS Dress for less dishes, all different. Which if you like one, hope you enjoyed the one bite. Then came a bunch of sweets. I am not a huge sweet person but they were okay. Except the little tarts. They looked and tasted heavily refrigerated.

After the tea, I was starving. The presidents club rep asked how I enjoyed the tea and I told him my thoughts and he then told me that the kitchen was not prepared and he was sorry. Which he could have told me prior. So I wasted over $50 on a half assed lunch. Pathetic and unprofessional.

63% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good stuff...if you'r willing to burn a hole in your wallet. This should be saved for spluge day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best in the bay area... worth the price for a special occasion. Make sure to leave room for the tiramisu.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love their Sunday bruch! Pricey, but very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Love their Sunday bruch! Pricey, but very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Quality of food is excellent, but have to take away one star because it's pretty pricey ..... $42 per person w/o...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Quality of food is excellent, but have to take away one star because it's pretty pricey ..... $42 per person w/o champagne ......