“Totally unexpected” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 1,920 Restaurants in San Jose
California
“Totally unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We came here for my sister in laws birthday. WOW! Super great service and even better food. Best asian food I've ever had.

San Jose, California, USA
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the 3rd time I've been there. The first time was the best experience. It was crowed at lunch time so we sat outside. The servers and owner/manager were very attentive. The brought out free Roti and kept refilling our water. My curry was very good. I liked the amt of veggies in the curry vs the thai one that is usually all meat and very small portion. Hubby had some shrimp that was a bit sweet and saucy for me. Owner also brought us a free mango shaved ice after the meal. IT was the best mango shaved ice ever!!! 2nd time we brought our kids for dinner. We could only order non-spicy dishes and there are not that many on the menu. Kids loved the roti (free again), fried fish, fried rice and satay chicken (this came out last weird - its an appt). They did not offer us free shaved ice so we ordered one. Man, not sure I would pay $8 for a little bowl of shaved ice again. Its good but not sure its $8 good. Very good non the less. 3rd time, we brought the extended family. All dishes were very good although salt pepper eggplant was a bit tasteless. They brought out only 1 free tofu appet for our table of 11. Guess they are cutting down on the free stuff. We ordered mango shaved ice again and they gave a small red bean one for the bday girl. Overall very satisfied with the service and quality of food. Wonder if the free stuff has been eliminated now - def very low amt now ... ;-)

Visited October 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Really delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Didn't expect to find such great food in a strip mall, but the line out the door with locals should have been a clue. The satay chicken was absolutely fantastic, the service here was really excellent. I enjoyed the freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
Pad Thai was good but not the best I've had. Rice was really good.
It's absolutely worth a visit.
The owner was such a great host also.

Visited September 2013
Sagamihara, Japan
“Delicious, Tasty & Delightful Services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

There are many Asian restaurants in LA. But we've never imagined we found "Best of the Best" Asian restaurant in San Jose, located to close to city of Cupertino, Ca. Mango Garden is "Authentic South East Asian Cuisine". What kind of Asian? They are Thai, Indian, Singapore and Malaysia. Mango Garden is medium size of family restaurant. We have heard great reputation from local people about Mango Garden. We had ordered a several dishes from Noodle, Rice, Poultry, Vegetables and Seafood. We love them all. Everything we ate were all very delicious and fantastic. But wonderful meals didn't end there. yet. We ate the most incredible dessert, call "Desert Mango Snow Ice". This was not Ice Cream, nor a Shaved Ice. It was a "Heavenly Mango Lover's Dream", I call. You must try it. Restaurant was packed at 7 pm on Thursday. All the waitress, waiters and manager (Tim?) were very friendly, supportive and helpful that everyone made us feel very respected and welcome, sincerely. Manager explained us every meal in detail we were interested in on Menu. He was cordial and cheerful. We all like him. I and my family highly recommend Mango Garden. We wish they had a branch restaurant in Los Angeles.

• Visited September 2013