“You Will Wait For a Table...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sacramento, California
“You Will Wait For a Table...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We waited close to an hour at 11 am on a Saturday morning. They provide free coffee while you are waiting - a nice touch. Was it worth the wait? Place is packed for good reason. Food is fresh, well prepared, generous portions. I had the French omelet (sucker for goat cheese) and it was great, my son had one of the Benedicts (there are many to choose from) with pork and salsa. I could not believe he ate it all but he sure did. We would definitely go back, perhaps a bit earlier in the day.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Food tastes fresh, great atmosphere and was worth the wait :) located in a great area with plenty of parking areas and cool shops to walk by

San Jose, California, United States
“An American Standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Bill's serves the great American breakfast. I take my grandchildren here for a 1:1 breakfast that has become our thing. They always find something to eat while I can find something healthy. I have not tried they TexMex dishes but the menu makes them sound as good as the standards.

Two traditions they honor is the bottomless cup of coffee and not hurrying you through your meal. We have sometimes visited for several hours and they never shooed us out. I appreciate that thoughtfulness. At the same time, when they are really swamped, we reciprocate by continuing our dialog on the walk home.

Good for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Still good, but not as good as it was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Oh sweet success! Bill's is always full, the wait on a weekend is easily 30 to 45 minutes.
We have been coming to the 2 locations ( I think the 3rd more recent in South San Jose is a run by a cousin ) for years. The food is typically breakfast, with a South-of-the-border influence. Portions are large and food of decent quality. So if you want large portions of decent typical American breakfast foods; from bacon, links, eggs in many styles to pancakes and waffles, this might be heaven for you.
If however you are looking for extraordinary, new, inventive and a larger selection of healthy choices, Bill's is not. Coffee is typical Anerican breakfast as well, light ( did I say watery?)bland and plenty.
Their Bloody Mary is what brought me back in the past, but it gets weaker as the lines get longer
Biggest problem: you will feel rushed . Business is business, and they want you in and out the quickest possible.
Not much reason for a detour, but if you are close by, hungry and have a craving for that 1500 cal + breakfast - go for it!

El Pescadero, Mexico
“YUMMMMMM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We ate at both the Bill's on Willow, and the one on the Alameda. Both are excellent!

I loved that my husband could order breakfast while I ordered lunch. He loved his eggs and sausage; hash browns seemed fresh, a rarity! Bread is fresh and delicious. Coffee is yummy.

I had the chopped salad--huge and fresh, with delicious dressing and a soft bread stick. It came with a cup of the most outrageously delicious Greek lemon chicken rice soup. Next time I'm getting a bowl of that.

• Visited July 2014