“Awesome Breakfast.....I Will Be Back Next Time I Am Near San Jose” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bill's Cafe

Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sacramento, California
“Awesome Breakfast.....I Will Be Back Next Time I Am Near San Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went for breakfast last week after a quick google search. Service is very slow, but we weren't in a hurry so I was okay with it. It's a dated little place, but many palces worth eating at are. Parking can be a problem becuas the place is packed.

The food is excellent, portions are huge and prices are good. I had the Hash Brown skillet and it was excellent and way more than I could eat. My mom had the Caprese Benedict, she loved it. My daughter had the California Benedict and she said it was great too. We shared a small stack of pancakes, well becuase we love them. The pancakes here are excellent.

I would be in a lot of trouble if i lived near here. Nothing better than a lazy morning and a great breakfast. We ate about 10 AM and i was barely hungry for dinner at 7 PM. The portions really are that big.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, California
“My go to breakfast/brunch place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When it comes to breakfast and brunch you just simply can't beat Bill's Cafe.

My GF and I have been coming here regularly for over 3 years now, and out of all the places we have tried, we love this one the best. It has gotten to the point that we stopped even looking for alternatives, and thats saying a lot because we're both foodies and love trying new places.

The crabs benedict here is one of the best i've ever tasted and is what I order almost everytime. Unless I come here more than 3x in the same week, in which case im probably tired of it. We also usually get an order of the banana pudding french toast to split. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. But too rich to eat more than 1 bar of (you get 3)

Their coffee is excellent, and there is complimentary tea and coffee while you're waiting (if you come on a sat/sun between 10-1 expect to wait at least 30minutes) This is also one of the few places I actually really enjoy "diner" coffee. Not sure what they brew, but its tasty! Also, their mimosas are fabulous and last of all,

THE SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING!!! I really feel like im going to eat at my at and uncles house when I come here. It is that inviting. This is probably my most recommended spot to eat breakfast/brunch at in San Jose.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Clara
“Okay Experience Not Great But Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Took the kids to Bills this past weekend and while to food was good, it did not leave us with an impression we need to go back. At least not to wait 30-45 min for a seat.
We’ve eaten at some of the best reviewed local breakfast joints so to get a rating above 3 something needs to stand out. In Bill’s Case, nothing stood out.
Located in Willow Glen was a plus, close to home, the wait will exceed 30 min guaranteed. We waited for 35 minutes. Daughter had the Texas Sized French Toast and it was good. Cooked well and came out quickly from the back. She did like the lemonade.
I had a Spinach Omelet with Hash Browns, and again it was good, not great or outstanding but just good. Staff was pleasant.
It was noisy and a bit cramped but that’s what I think makes Bill’s what it is.
Everyone around us seemed to have a mimosa or bloody mary and having a good time so I can’t complain. For us, it was again just okay better than average but more like 3.5 stars.

If you are looking for good food, good service Bill’s will do you right.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“More Then Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Trip Advisor reviewers were right on with the descriptions of large portions, quality of food, large selection of items no matter what your appetite. Staff was helpful and friendly, the service fantastic.
When in San Jose again will definitely return. If there is a long wait for two people then try the counter where the action is. Some of the best bacon we have ever tasted! The Buckwheat pancakes were BIG and delicious and two cakes were plenty to share if there is another entree.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Breakfast is good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bill's is a great place to have breakfast...haven't had lunch here so can't comment on that meal. Lots and lots of choices and the food is good. We often see long lines outside most of the Bills around our area, especially during the morning hours and on weekends.

Visited September 2012