“Stopped in for tea, ended up with gelato” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #248 of 1,920 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American
WA
“Stopped in for tea, ended up with gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great little coffee house. Stopped in for tea, ended up with some very good gelato. Staff was very patient and helpful, letting us sample a few when we couldn't decide on flavor. Their baked goods looked appetizing as well. They have outside seating out front, which was very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

s
“Skip Starbucks, go hre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a cafe mocha, my friend got a Carmel macchiato and his wife had the red velvet. Great coffee drinks for a low price.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“The BEST Americano!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I LOVE this coffee shop. My Americano each morning was spectacular. pastries were delicious. Wifi was strong and fast.

Dont miss this place if you are on The Alameda.

Visited March 2013
Waco, Texas
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I dropped in to grab something for breakfast -- typically baked goods and juice. They did have a few things available, but obviously not baked on site. And I noticed a menu with some reasonably priced omelettes, breakfast sandwiches, and burritos. So I took a chance on a burrito with egg, bacon, and potato.

I was hoping to pick up some bottled orange juice, but they only had a couple of odd flavors in the case. When I asked about OJ, I was informed that they only offered fresh-squeezed for $3.95. Good grief! Quality is a good thing, but --really? In a place like this, I think there should be a non-gourmet alternative.

After a short wait, my burrito came out -- with stripes, so I guess it was pressed in one of those panini machines. Before it's pressing, it must have been Chipotle-sized, because it was still humongous! The egg and potato were adequate, but the bacon took the starring role. Seriously, there must have been four slices in there, but I really don't want to know -- it's normally not on my diet. At least it was lean, non-greasy and nicely chopped into little pieces. The big tortilla wrap was fresh-tasting and the whole thing was absolutely delicious. If not for health concerns, I could eat one of those any -- or every -- day of the week.

I should note that this is primarily a little coffee shop, with a big red expresso machine on the counter. But I didn't have any coffee with my breakfast, so others will have to speak to that. Even if it's no match for Starbuck's, go for the food!

Austin
“Excellent Coffee shop on The Alameda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

After a good lunch on The Alameda, it certainly helps to be able to get to a nice coffee shop managed by helpful staff....Crema is all of that - good location, great staff, many choices of drinks(coffee) and food. I highly recommend it !

• Visited December 2012