“Good dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,902 restaurants in San Jose
Cross street: W. San Carlos
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a semi-private room off the back. The service was good, the food was great. The appetizers were the highlight of the meal-the calamari and the crab cakes were wonderful, although the portions of the crab cakes were small. Wish they had a seafood tower here as an appetizer.

Visited March 2013

72% Recommend
Otterfing, Germany
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant a number of times over the years and have found the food to be consistently good whenever I have been. I always eat seafood when I go, so my comments are restricted to that. This time round they were a bit heavy with the butter on my meal, but the fish was excellent quality and full of flavour. I had prawns covered in cheese and wrapped in bacon as a starter and that was delicious if perhaps not the healthiest choice on the menu. The wine list was good at aq good range of prices. I had a Pouilly Fuissé, which was at the top end of the price range but an excellent wine. The service is always very attentive as it was again this time.

Visited April 2013
Gilroy, CA
“Great food and great service, bad hostess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this place a while back (before Landry's owned them) and hated the service. I decided to try this place again for my birthday lunch, since we saw the high reviews in Metro. I am glad I didn't let the first impression deter me. The hostess was awful. We got their before opening and I would think a common courtesy if people were waiting outside that she come to door and say we will be open in a couple of minutes, or come on in we are open. Another couple walked in the door and instead of telling them that we were first she sat them, then it took about three minutes to walk back and tell us. I don't know where she went in the mean time but she didn't come right back to the front desk. Considering it is a high end restaurant. My daughter has been a hostess at Chili's and other places like that and she would go to the door etc. I did report this to the manager when we were done with our meal. But our meal was great, the food was wonderful and our server Joseph was great. Like I told the manager if isn't wasn't for the server we probably wouldn't of came back. It was a huge improvement from the first time, but the hostess needs some customer service skills.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great if you're downtown on business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a pretty standard place, and there are not many surprises. We found the staff efficient, if not overly friendly. The food was good, on time, and plentiful. We had a very nice time here. We made our Friday night reservation that morning using Open Table and had no problem getting right in at 7:30.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
san diego
“No service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped by this restaurant expecting a good steak dinner. Excited and hungry we entered the restaurant. Although there were open seats in the dining room after waiting for 15 minutes we were placed in the bar seating. After another 20 minutes and several requests to be served at least drinks the hostess, bartender and waitress agreed to send someone to our table. No one ever showed up. We left and went next door to the grill on the alley. Service at the Grill on the Alley was great. I like the chain and have had good experiences at other McCormick & Schmicks, just not in San Jose, CA.

• Visited March 2013