“Fresh ingredients make the difference” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,696 Restaurants in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W. San Carlos
San Jose, California, United States
“Fresh ingredients make the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

An absolute lovely place to dine in for Seafood. The dining experience I had with the staff was up to par, and felt very welcomed when I sat in here last month for the first time. The prawns were juicy, not chewy at all. The calamari was crisp, just Great food. Fantastic place to impress business clients, that wont drive you into bankruptcy. Isn't just seafood here, it is a steakhouse as well. I go there for the seafood, my friend loves there steak. You wont be disappointed if you dine in here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, USA
“Nice food but doesn't live upto the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at a McCormick & Schmicks. Honestly the hype is what drew me to make the reservation and I don't think I'll go back. I have the filet and the stuffed shrimp. The steak was prepared wonderfully and the shrimp were good, but neither dish really lived upto my expectations for a steak or seafood place. I did enjoy the meal overall, but don't think I'll return; there are many other places out there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Longmeadow
“A Thumbs Up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For a national chain the seafood is from all across the country and fresh! The waiters know the menu, understand first rate service and bring upscale dining to a relaxed atmosphere!

Visited February 2013
Corona, CA
“Always Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I always enjoy the seafood here.
I'm not sure that there are a lot of other places like this in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodside, California
“Fine seafood in popular restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The restaurant is in the central downtown area, adjacent to the Fairmont Hotel. Reservations were acknowledged, despite the immense popularity of the place, which is crowded and noisy. Service was good and our meals were above average in quality. My wife and I both had arugula and roasted beet salads, which were quite nice. For entrees, I had seared sea scallops, and my wife had almond-crusted rainbow trout, both quite enjoyable. No comment can be offered regarding liquor or desserts, since we don't order either one. If in the area again, we would certainly consider a return to this restaurant. Prices are moderate. Reservations are recommended.

• Visited January 2013