“Very good Thai food in the center of San Jose” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Doing business
Good for: Doing business
Hamburg, Germany
“Very good Thai food in the center of San Jose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I went there for lunch and was absolutely happy with the quality and the service. They offer a great selection ofauthentic Thai food. For lunch each entree is accompanied by a a small salad and a soup. The interior of the restaurant is typical Thai style and the staff very friendly. Overall, an excellent choice for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
San jose CA
“One of the worst places to eat in downtown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I live downtown and decided to try here because we like Thai food and saw the good reviews. I knew it was a wrong choice when I entered and saw the three filthy trashcans set next to the bar. The furniture was covered with dirty throws and the carpeting looked like it had never been cleaned. They have this beautiful bar but it is cluttered with dishes and used as a server table. The table was not clean and we were sat next to a shelf that held shoes that people had taken off to sit in this one area. The decor could be good if they cleaned it and got rid of the tacky nicnacs everywhere. The front desk was especially cluttered. I ordered tea that never came until after we had already got our food. The food was ok but I was so turned off by the filth that even if it was the best Thai food I would not return. It was not busy but it took a while to get our check and then when they took our credit card it was a long wait again. We asked what happened and they apologized,brought our check only to find out it had set on the front counter without them running our credit card.Again they apologized and made some excuse about the guy who took it forgot. I will never go back there again!

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The food was great, service was good, the price was average for the the location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Claremont, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere; Not friendly at reception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

The tables are really cool and the decorations are neat too. I got take out from there, so that's as far as i can rate the restaurant's interior.

The guy at the front desk was not very welcoming and was a tad surly. i'm not sure why since they weren't that busy on a Monday night. He tersely responded that they didn't take Am Ex when i pulled it out to pay.

The food: the chicken coconut soup was very very good. It was the 2nd best i've probably ever eaten. The red beef curry tasted fairly good but had no more than 2 oz of beef in the entire dish and i'm not exaggerating either . Very disappointing. The pad thai was easily the worst chicken pad thai i've ever eaten. i had read on yahoo about users complaining that the pad thai was bland. 5 or 6 posters said it but i thought i'd give it my shot. Bad move. It was more bland than most of their reviews and ungodly sweet with no real flavor. The chicken had absolutely no salt or seasoning on it. It plain sucked. Overall, this place needs a little help. More miss than hit on my one venture.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
colorado
“Very good food and nice decorations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I went for dinner last night while in for business town. We both really enjoyed our dishes and the service was good. The area is fine for walking around before/afterwards as well. I wasn't sure what to expect in downtown San Jose, but seemed just fine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere