“Location is perfect!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Atascadero
“Location is perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked this stay for a girlfriend getaway for my birthday on a recommendation from a friend. We really didn't know what to expect, I'm not really familiar with San Jose. We were pleasantly surprised! We really enjoyed Santa Row for upscale, window shopping. Then cross Stevens Creek BLVD to the Westfield Mall for great shopping and Cheese Cake Factory!
The Hotel: Very sleek and classy. Dramatic lighting, which was nice in the bars and public areas but not so great in your room. They could really have better lighting in the rooms. Great service, really easy check in and bellman. We had a standard, 2 queen room with a little balcony. I was surprised by how small the room and bathroom was for the price. Single sink, no vanity. Bedding was awesome and bc I signed up for the VVIP, got a comp bottle of nice wine!
Over all, we had a fabulous time and I would def return. Great comp breakfast & WiFi included.

Room Tip: Maggiano's Little Italy for dinner, the best! make reservations!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love this place and I love how they give you a great breakfast in the morning. The staff is always friendly including Allan one of the managers. I tip my hat to him for being so kind. I will be continuously coming back here every time just for the great customer service and nice room. I loved my junior sweet. I had the view of olin street and the grassy area in front of starbucks. The bathroom was very large with a nice big bath tub and great walk in shower. My wife loved it as well since it was a surprise for her for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Every room is great. I personally like the rooms that are higher up. Become a VVIP so you get a co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Coast, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my second stay here in the past few years. Both stays have been for girls get-a-ways. The location of the hotel is SO convenient for shopping, restaurants, and spa services. Check-in was a breeze, the room looked great, and we had a great complimentary breakfast each morning. If you'd like to use the Spa services, be sure to call ahead as she was booked. I will agree with another reviewer that the carpet is looking a tad worn, but the rest of the hotel looked fine. Look online for great specials!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked a NYE package and were very impressed with this hotel. The value we received for this beautiful hotel was fantastic. Room, tickets to gala, champagne on arrival, dessert bar, full buffet breakfast for 2 on New Year's Day, and late check out. For what we received, we would have paid double for similar in San Francisco. The decor looked Tuscany style.

Hotel offers valet parking ($24) but we did free self park.

Check in is on the 3rd floor. Front desk was very efficient. Our Traditional King room was spacious and overlooked the pool area. Our room package also included champagne and party favors. Champagne was waiting chilled in an ice bucket, with 2 champagne glasses. I joined the VVIP Rewards Program prior to the stay so we also had a welcome bottle of wine waiting in our room! Very personalized with a welcome message on your phone, and phone also lists your name. Very nice!

We only had one sink (I am used to 2 sinks - hard to get ready at the same time!) and I noticed there was no towel rack near the shower. Bath towels are rolled and put in a basket away from the shower. Very nice touch and cute, but odd. We had to hang our bath towels on the shower pole or put them on the toilet seat cover. Also there was a huge full length mirror in our room. That is the only mirror besides the bathroom, but there was armchair blocking the mirror. So to see myself in my NYE outfit I had to push the armchair out of the way. These small inconveniences did not affect the niceness of the room. We just made due. No biggie!

The location of this hotel is fantastic. Close to everything Santana Row has to offer. Bars, restaurants, and shops.

The bed was soooooo comfortable! We slept like rocks. Custom bedding. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms seemed bigger and the 7th floor was quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate constructive feedback.

New bedding was installed last fall and we are glad they met and exceeded your expectations!

Cordially,
Bonnie Best
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The area of Santana Row is a fun place to have a drink, eat, and shop.
The hotel itself is nice. The place seemed a bit worn...the carpet was a little dirty especially in common areas and halls. The room was a bit small but very well furnished/equipped. The bed was exceptional. The workout facilities were average. The pool area (outdoors) was very nice.
Service was excellent and friendly.
The free breakfast and WIFI was good.
We received a nice chilled bottle of wine upon check-in which was a nice touch...not sure if this is for all guests.
There is a cigar shop near-by...
I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are nice...especially higher floors...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We take all constructive feedback seriously. We are working on a renovation plan and hope the next time you stay, you will enjoy the ambiance much more.

Cordially,
Bonnie Best
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We needed somewhere to stay to breakup the drive from Cambria north to Jenner and decided on San Jose, having just been in San Francisco. We thought it might be interesting to see the other end of the bay area. It was a Saturday night. Big mistake. I was very underwhelmed by Santana Row and it's clientele, as well as our treatment by a number of restaurant staff for the heinous crime of not having booked a table! If I had known, I would have steered clear of the whole area!
Nevertheless, the Hotel Valencia was very cool, with a large room and a big, comfortable bed. The breakfast was very good, and got us a long way on day of driving the following day.
The valet service was prompt and friendly, as were all the staff we encountered. If I ever HAVE to go back to San Jose, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel. If you should have an opportunity to visit San Jose again, we hope we will be your hotel of choice.

Cordially, Bonnie Best
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Great location; culinary treats included in morning breakfast buffet which are generous offerings for a continental fare. Front desk staff are ambassadors to community & shops of Santana Row.
Hotel lounge could stay open later & bartender more accommodating - valets are eager to provide stellar service

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are very happy you enjoyed the hotel and the area.

The hotel lounge does stay open as last is allowed by law on Thursday through Saturday. Due to business demand, it does close earlier other days.

Again, thank you.
Bonnie Best, General Manager

Been to Hotel Valencia - Santana Row? Share your experiences!