“Got checked in by a girl in a Godfather movie shirt and pajama bottoms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Des Moines, Iowa
“Got checked in by a girl in a Godfather movie shirt and pajama bottoms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you need a hooker they are right outside the hotel. This is an older hotel but the street walkers are younger. Drugs can also be had when walking the half block to the 711 store. Day shift is nicer, front desk staff I mean not the hookers. The hotel is sandwiched between a Denny's and an EZ8 motel......think twice before staying here

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've stayed in Comfort Suites San Jose Airport for 10 days because of a business nearby. I stay in a one-room suite with partial room divider, in which there are microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker and a desk. In general, it is within my expectation about the quality and the services of the hotel - everything is reasonably fine and above-par - except I would agree with some previous contributors that the area may not be a nice area to stay.

Pros:
[1] Wi-Fi internet connectivity is reasonably fast.
[2] The breakfast is quite nice, which usually have 2 - 3 hot dishes and other continental choices.
[3] There is a in-house fitness center. Though it is small, it is still good with both treadmills and weighing equipments.
[4] The hotel is within walking distance (within 5 minutes walk) to Gish Light Rail Station, which is very convenient in case one does not rent any car.
[5] There is a 24/7 Denny's next to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I called from the airport and the hotel sent a shuttle for me (I waited about 45 minutes but was very grateful for the ride). Hotel staff was friendly but I did have to wait at the front desk for a couple of minutes on multiple occassions before someone saw me. I forgot to bring a hair brush but the hotel gave me a free comb. I got this hotel because everywhere else was booked. I didn't have high expectations but I was pleased with this hotel. Parking garage was full and almost impossible to turn around) so I am glad that I didn't have a rental car. Room was clean. Breakfast was free and adequate. Bed was comfortable. Wireless Internet was great (and free). It had a small fridge but I didn't need it or use it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I got a king sized bed and it was comfy on the 2nd floor. I don't know how this compares to oth...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wofford Heights, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Road Trip with my Son to a powerlifting meet in San Jose. We arrived late and went straight to the room. 2 queen beds couch and a desk. Mini fridge and Microwave were nice to have. Bathroom was large and very clean. Beds were comfortable, not too hard not too soft.Air Conditioning worked well and covered what little street noise there was. Never did hear any airport noise.
Full hot Breakfast with eggs, sausage and hash browns. The usual waffles, juices and cereals.
Eggs were a little stiff and the hash browns seemed a little stale?
Overall a nice place to stay, nice neighborhood, places to eat nearby. Tramway runs down the middle of the street in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Walk to several restarunts
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was only there for an overnight stay but I wanted to share my positive experience as someone who always checks this site before picking a hotel. The room was awesome (I was upgraded to a two room suite that was practically as big as my apartment!!). The bed was very comfortable. The price was very reasonable. Only drawbacks .. the breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast, nothing great (but certainly NOT a dealbreaker for me) and (sorry to sound like a snob on this....) some of the other guests I saw on my way to my room wouldn't have been my first choice for other guests staying the hotel where I was. That being said, if I ever need to be back in San Jose this is the hotel I would stay at hands down.
Also I would add the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Only the lack of vacancies in better hotels brought me in this establishment. Next time I'll book in earlier.
I guess the price reflects the quality. If you don't mind eating breakfast from plastic dishes it is OK. Internet speed is also good. Cleanliness is above expected.
Staff is friendly, but don't rely on their advices regarding getting to places and about public transportation. They are clueless.
If you don't mind shady neighborhood, pimps, street hookers and their clients in the hotel lobby in the middle of the night (or on the second floor where the hotels' restaurant is), I guess this could be your choice of accommodation.

Room Tip: the further away from the lobby and the lift, the better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I cannot understand the negative comments about this motel...FREE taxi service both to and from the airport...FREE breakfast with a wide choice of food available...FREE use of the business centre and its printer...FREE snack bags to take out for the day...Free newspapers...FREE in-house well equiped gym...FREE toiletries if you have forgottten your own...Right next door to a clean, friendly 24/7 Dennys restaurant...Right across the road from the San Jose light rail with connections to CALTRAIN to San Francisco and AMTRAK to Oakland and Sacramento...The rooms are clean with modern flat screen TV....Under cover off-road parking...I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!