“Great Experience - Will Stay Here Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Glendale, AZ
“Great Experience - Will Stay Here Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

In town over a long weekend for business. Had my own vehicle, so no experience with the shuttle service. Needed something within a few minute drive from SAP Center that was clean and comfortable, at a decent price (under $100 a night). This fit the bill beautifully. Parking is ground level in garage underneath hotel, which kept us protected from the windy, rainy days we encountered. Front desk staff very friendly. We were on the 3rd floor, facing the street. I was concerned we would have traffic or trolley noise, but we did not. The non-smoking room was nice and roomy with 2 Queen beds, a kitchenette area with a small fridge, small microwave, coffeemaker with coffee, a small sink and cupboard space. No plates, cups, eating utensils are provided, but this is not an extended stay hotel where you would have a stove top and those things included. We used the fridge to cool our bottled water. This mini suite had a nice desk area along with sofa and coffee table, great for doing a little work on your computer and/or keeping your work items separate from your living space. Beds were very comfy. Bathroom has plenty of space for your toiletries, and I really appreciated the good lighting and magnifying mirror. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure. The closet was a bit shallow and small, but if you push the hangars in like we did, you should be able to close the mirrored bi-fold doors. An iron and ironing board are also provided. Our room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job. We took full advantage of the real breakfast provided on the 2nd floor in the breakfast room. Real compared to the regular continental breakfasts of dried up pastries, instant oatmeal, and a banana or orange I am used to at many places of this level. This place provided scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, pastries, different breads, cereals, regular and decaf coffee, tea, juices, fruit, etc., all served promptly at 6:30 am every morning – and done so with a smile. Our room was exceptionally quiet, making for good nights' rest, very much appreciated after long days attending to business. I will definitely stay here again when back in San Jose. Good job, Comfort Suites! The travelers’ photos from October 2013 are very accurate, so I did not include any of my own.

Room Tip: Third floor, Room 321 was exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The reviews here led me to expect better than my actual experience. It was OK, and I'd stay again in a pinch, but I would try to find something else first.

The good parts very friendly and helpful service, and most of the hotel in very good shape, seeming pretty new. And the location is great – very close to the airport, very close to a light rail stop, and reasonably close to downtown, etc.

On the other hand, the in-room coffee was perhaps the worst I have ever tasted, and the room looked as if the edges and corners of the rug had never really been vacuumed well.

I was pleased to read that they offered breakfast to go if you were leaving before breakfast was served, but since I was also leaving before I was fully awake, I forgot to ask for it, and wasn't offered.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised at the service and comfort of this place. it was close to the airport, had a quick and courteous airport shuttle service, and was right next door to Denny's! LOL Hey, I arrived hungry, so that was a godsend.

Oh, and the comp breakfast the next morning was yummy! All the staff were nice and friendly, and the rooms are comfy.

Room Tip: Next to elevator or main stairwell. That'll put you closer to breakfast in the morning and the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Location is very good. Our flight came in late so we needed an overnight stay before driving out to Carmel the following day. The hotel has a airport "shuttle" service but because we were late, they arranged a cab to pick us up - it was perfect. Check in was satisfying; staff are friendly. Room was clean; has a small refrig and microwave. Within walking distance is a 7-11 and a Denny's next door. Free breakfast included items such as make-your-own waffles, fruits, cereals, eggs, sausages, juices, coffee, yogurt - pretty good breakfast to wake-up to. We did not use the internet, workout room or self serve laundry area. There is also one computer/printer in the lobby. Our one night stay with tax was about $120. It was well worth the convenience and comfort. We look forward to another stay while in San Jose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were spending the night in San Jose on our way to Maui and on the return trip. We needed 2 rooms and my request to have them close was handled exceptionally. We had adjoining rooms on both stays. The airport shuttle was very good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is clean and a good variety of breakfast items were available. It is located very close to the light rail for those who want to venture or have business downtown. It suited our needs very well. My only concern for someone who may be traveling on business is that the internet service wasn't very reliable.
I would stay here again. Also the bed pillows were an odd shape, more square like a sofa pillow and were a little firm for my taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Picked up at airport on time and found the front desk helpful and effiecent. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was also clean well stocked with fresh towels. Our breakfast was more than expected but front desk also had a breakfast-on-the-go bag for those with no time to sit and eat. The shuttle back to the airport was quick and courteous. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here two separate nights when flying out to Hawaii. It is a 5 minute drive to the airport. The shuttle provided by the hotel is very convenient. If the shuttle is not running they will use a free cab service to take/ pick you up.
The free breakfast is a good option. The waffles are always my go to.
I would defintally stay here again. Just know there are not many walkable options for food in this a area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!