“convenient & comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Pearl City, Hawaii
“convenient & comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Location is very good. Our flight came in late so we needed an overnight stay before driving out to Carmel the following day. The hotel has a airport "shuttle" service but because we were late, they arranged a cab to pick us up - it was perfect. Check in was satisfying; staff are friendly. Room was clean; has a small refrig and microwave. Within walking distance is a 7-11 and a Denny's next door. Free breakfast included items such as make-your-own waffles, fruits, cereals, eggs, sausages, juices, coffee, yogurt - pretty good breakfast to wake-up to. We did not use the internet, workout room or self serve laundry area. There is also one computer/printer in the lobby. Our one night stay with tax was about $120. It was well worth the convenience and comfort. We look forward to another stay while in San Jose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were spending the night in San Jose on our way to Maui and on the return trip. We needed 2 rooms and my request to have them close was handled exceptionally. We had adjoining rooms on both stays. The airport shuttle was very good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is clean and a good variety of breakfast items were available. It is located very close to the light rail for those who want to venture or have business downtown. It suited our needs very well. My only concern for someone who may be traveling on business is that the internet service wasn't very reliable.
I would stay here again. Also the bed pillows were an odd shape, more square like a sofa pillow and were a little firm for my taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Picked up at airport on time and found the front desk helpful and effiecent. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was also clean well stocked with fresh towels. Our breakfast was more than expected but front desk also had a breakfast-on-the-go bag for those with no time to sit and eat. The shuttle back to the airport was quick and courteous. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here two separate nights when flying out to Hawaii. It is a 5 minute drive to the airport. The shuttle provided by the hotel is very convenient. If the shuttle is not running they will use a free cab service to take/ pick you up.
The free breakfast is a good option. The waffles are always my go to.
I would defintally stay here again. Just know there are not many walkable options for food in this a area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a short stay 2 days . We got off to a horrible start. Called the hotel for a shuttle from the airport , waited 35-40 minutes for a small cab. We were not happy!
However, upon arrival the staff at the hotel was very professional and helpful. Our room accommodations were good, clean, and free of perfumed odor. The area around the area of 1st St. is not the greatest, but we encountered no problems in our short stay and didn't feel unsafe.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and was fine. No noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
haddonfield, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I arrived very late at night (3 AM East Coast time) so not a lot memorable about this hotel owing to my fatigue. The airport shuttle was not running so my cab ride was comped by the hotel. The room was dated but clean. I checked out the breakfast buffet and had cereal and headed back to the airport to pick up a rental car. The price was right for the hotel but would try to find better if staying at SJC again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my second visit to the Comfort Suites Airport on a business trip, and as before, I'd recommend it to anyone traveling in the area, particularly on business. The pricing is pretty top-notch, and you get everything you need unless you're looking for glitz and glamour. My first review is here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33020-d240060-r156412075-Comfort_Suites_Airport-San_Jose_California.html

Pros:
- As before, the cleanliness was fantastic, and the amenities you get for the pricing is really good.
- The location is hard to beat - really close to highways yet easy to access, and is basically next door to the airport.
- Great free wifi - can't beat it.
- Breakfast is actually pretty good compared to many other "higher-end" chains I've stayed at. Lots of variety and very convenient.
- On-site first-floor parking - very nice, free access, and I didn't notice any vagrants this time around.

Cons:
- I saw less consistency with the maid service this trip - I'd frequently leave the room in the morning and return in the late afternoon to find my room hadn't been touched (no privacy sign on the door either). Eventually, the maids did show up, but I then had to leave the room while they worked on it. Some sort of schedule, preferably in the AM, would be nice.
- Also with the cleaning staff, the noise is rather loud if they are cleaning rooms nearby. Typically they would turn the TVs on very loud while the door was open and they went back and forth to their cleaning cart - not great if you need to get some work done in your room.
- I didn't notice this before, but the closets are very shallow - the hangers stick out of the closet when open, meaning your clothes are rubbing on the door any time you close it.

Overall, a great stay at a great price - and yes I'd stay here again. Aside from the few complaints above which are fixable, I was very pleased with my stay at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose.

Thanks for reading, feel free to contact me with any questions!

Jon

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!