I stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose in December 2012 on a weeklong business trip. Overall, my experience there was just fine, and I'd certainly look to come back when in the area again. I chose the Comfort Suites to stay at as result of pricing (pretty good rates), location, and convenience - my notes are below:
- Clean - I couldn't ask for more, clean floor, clean bathroom, clean towels, clean sheets, everything was clean.
- The list of amenities for this pricing of hotel was great - free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, mini-refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV
- Service was perfect - maids did everything perfectly and left the place looking spic and span every day.
- Breakfast was nice - not out of this world, but certainly a great way to start the day, with pancakes, eggs, other hot items (bacon, sausage, etc.), cereals, yogurts, fruits, bagels, you name it, and the coffee was great.
- As others have said, the location is great for access to lots of San Jose, no matter what you're doing. Right next to the airport (but not noisy), right on a main street for access anywhere around town, and not far from anything.
- Room was huge - this may have been due to inadvertently being assigned a handicapped-accessible room, but it was rather large regardless.
- Price was right - more for less money than virtually anywhere else in the city.
- Either I or my company must have booked/selected a handicapped-accessible room. Normally, that's no problem, but since the shower was wheelchair accessible (no lip to the shower area), water would frequently escape into the bathroom. There was a floor drain, and the bathroom was rather large so the water didn't get anywhwere else, but it was wet every morning.
- There was a floor lamp in the back corner that simply didn't work - it looked like it had been beaten a bit, but I didn't need it anyway.
- Location - above, I say that the location is great, and it is. Others mention that the neighborhood isn't the greatest. I didn't find any problems with the neighborhood or ever feel unsafe, day or night, but: twice during my stay I found vagrants camping out next to or near my car in the first floor parking garage. As soon as they saw me, they left, but it was a little disconcerting. The management may want to take some extra measures to prevent that.
Again, a great stay in San Jose at the Comfort Suites. I'd recommend staying here, particularly on business for a low-cost stay that works.
Thanks for reading my review - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.