“Perfect for overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect for overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place was booked to accommodate an early flight the following morning. This is a great place to stay if you have your own transportation as there isn't much within walking distance, but the room was clean, with sensor lights (turns off on it's own if no motion) so energy saving. Great airport shuttle service...we returned our rental the night before and though their shuttle doesn't operate on the weekend, we were picked up by a taxi charged to the hotel. Even though we left before the breakfast was available, they offered us a breakfast on the go bad with water, breakfast bar and a fruit. We would definitely use this hotel in the future for pre or even post flight stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites San Jose!

We were glad to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. Although the shuttle doesn’t run during the weekends I am glad to hear that the Taxi service was able to assist you in providing accommodations. Our Grab-n-Go breakfast seems to be very convenient for the early bird guests, I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize that great amenity.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Jose.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Youngsville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Comfort Suites is near the airport and has a shuttle service. We stayed on two different occasions and experienced different services. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and had a small frig and microwave which was very convenient. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We had no problem on the first night and the staff was very nice. Our later visit was very different. We are older ladies and needed a luggage cart to carry our things up. There was only one cart and someone had left it in their room. I would have given a higher rating if not for this fact. The breakfast was also very good. The price is fairly reasonable. Another drawback is the seedy neighborhood with questionable people walking around. I was afraid we would not find a parking place under the building otherwise you have to park next to a very scary neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is exactly as pictured on the webpage- nice size room, small fridge, sink, microwave (no utensils or cookware provided though). It was clean, and included breakfast was good with both hot and cold items. Staff friendly and small issues were taken care of very rapidly.

The hotel is very convenient to light rail which as a solo traveling female was fine in the morning. However, returning around 8:30 pm, I did have a rather uncomfortable moment where a group of young men yelled some questionable things at me after passing me on the sidewalk as I walked from the stop to the hotel. I didn't feel in acute danger, but the situation was stressful enough I would hesitate to make that trek by myself after dark again. Unlike many others in the neighborhood, the doors to the rooms are in the interior, which helps with security.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us and could enjoy all of our amenities. We apologize for any of the other inconveniences you encountered, and ensure you that our hotel is safe. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I filled out the confirmation page. I entered in my credit card information. The room rate was $79. The site told me "We were not able to process your reservation at this time. Please try again later or call our Reservations Center." I called the hotel and they said that the rate was $20 more than the listed rate. They told me to call another phone number. I called that phone number and the customer service agent said that the $79 rate was for a choicepriviledge customer. The customer service agent told me to hold. They left me on hold for 15 minutes. No answer.

Shady. Really shady.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel after a late arrival from the East Coast. Hotel is not new, but well maintained and staff welcoming and professional. There is now a regular hotel shuttle from the airport that replaces the taxi service mentioned by some. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel quiet. Breakfast was very good for an included hotel breakfast. Walking distance to a convenience store and 24 hr restaurant. Would certainly stay again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are very glad you decided to try out the Comfort Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I stayed for one short night because I was flying out of San Jose early the next morning. When I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk, she said she would prepare a breakfast bag for us the next morning since we would be checking out before breakfast. I didn't even have to ask her to do this! Wondering if she would be true to her word, she greeted us with a smile and gave us the breakfast bags. They weren't very elaborate, but I certainly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

On the whole, I found the hotel very clean and the bed very comfortable. I noticed the room had a small kitchen (sink, microwave, and refrigerator) While I wasn't there long enough to use the kitchen, it's certainly something that's nice to have in a hotel room.

Lastly, the parking is under the hotel and well lit. I felt very safe because of this. However I took the last space under the hotel, and it's conceivable that the following person would have to use the outdoor lot just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wyoming, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed for 3 days upon arriving to California. Everything was very good. The breakfast is wonderful. They have hot and cold items; nice variety. All of the staff are very nice and helpful! Room had a nice kitchenette style with fridge, microwave and sink. We enjoyed our stay very much. It does not have a pool though, that was the only downside.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.