“Nice hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Youngsville, Louisiana
“Nice hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Comfort Suites is near the airport and has a shuttle service. We stayed on two different occasions and experienced different services. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and had a small frig and microwave which was very convenient. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We had no problem on the first night and the staff was very nice. Our later visit was very different. We are older ladies and needed a luggage cart to carry our things up. There was only one cart and someone had left it in their room. I would have given a higher rating if not for this fact. The breakfast was also very good. The price is fairly reasonable. Another drawback is the seedy neighborhood with questionable people walking around. I was afraid we would not find a parking place under the building otherwise you have to park next to a very scary neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is exactly as pictured on the webpage- nice size room, small fridge, sink, microwave (no utensils or cookware provided though). It was clean, and included breakfast was good with both hot and cold items. Staff friendly and small issues were taken care of very rapidly.

The hotel is very convenient to light rail which as a solo traveling female was fine in the morning. However, returning around 8:30 pm, I did have a rather uncomfortable moment where a group of young men yelled some questionable things at me after passing me on the sidewalk as I walked from the stop to the hotel. I didn't feel in acute danger, but the situation was stressful enough I would hesitate to make that trek by myself after dark again. Unlike many others in the neighborhood, the doors to the rooms are in the interior, which helps with security.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us and could enjoy all of our amenities. We apologize for any of the other inconveniences you encountered, and ensure you that our hotel is safe. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I filled out the confirmation page. I entered in my credit card information. The room rate was $79. The site told me "We were not able to process your reservation at this time. Please try again later or call our Reservations Center." I called the hotel and they said that the rate was $20 more than the listed rate. They told me to call another phone number. I called that phone number and the customer service agent said that the $79 rate was for a choicepriviledge customer. The customer service agent told me to hold. They left me on hold for 15 minutes. No answer.

Shady. Really shady.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel after a late arrival from the East Coast. Hotel is not new, but well maintained and staff welcoming and professional. There is now a regular hotel shuttle from the airport that replaces the taxi service mentioned by some. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel quiet. Breakfast was very good for an included hotel breakfast. Walking distance to a convenience store and 24 hr restaurant. Would certainly stay again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are very glad you decided to try out the Comfort Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I stayed for one short night because I was flying out of San Jose early the next morning. When I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk, she said she would prepare a breakfast bag for us the next morning since we would be checking out before breakfast. I didn't even have to ask her to do this! Wondering if she would be true to her word, she greeted us with a smile and gave us the breakfast bags. They weren't very elaborate, but I certainly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

On the whole, I found the hotel very clean and the bed very comfortable. I noticed the room had a small kitchen (sink, microwave, and refrigerator) While I wasn't there long enough to use the kitchen, it's certainly something that's nice to have in a hotel room.

Lastly, the parking is under the hotel and well lit. I felt very safe because of this. However I took the last space under the hotel, and it's conceivable that the following person would have to use the outdoor lot just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wyoming, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed for 3 days upon arriving to California. Everything was very good. The breakfast is wonderful. They have hot and cold items; nice variety. All of the staff are very nice and helpful! Room had a nice kitchenette style with fridge, microwave and sink. We enjoyed our stay very much. It does not have a pool though, that was the only downside.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review for us. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the options at breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was in a standard double room with a small couch. I guess they feel they can call it a "suite" with the addition of the couch. The hotel is located near the airport with good access to public transportation. There is free covered parking, but the garage is rather tight for larger SUV's & trucks. The clerk who checked us in was not very personable and strictly business. The hotel lobby is very small and basic, and consisted of a few sitting chairs. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and medium size flat screen t.v. There is also free wi-fi in the hotel which worked flawlessly. The breakfast included breads, eggs, bacon, potato's, and waffles. The breakfast was good and did the job, but the breakfast area was very crowded during our stay. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel and it definitely works for a short stay. I would consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!