“AWFUL PEOPLE AVOID AT ALL COSTS” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 - San Jose Airport/Santa Clara Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1860 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126   |
Ranked #45 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Seabeck, Washington
“AWFUL PEOPLE AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Made a reservation through Hotwire for three people. When we arrived they announced we would have to pat extra for two beds. I explained that is why we booked for three. I even had Hotwire call them and they refused to house us, even after we had paid for the room. I got a refund and moved to a much nicer hotel down the road. They are awful people just looking to rip off every poor sap they run into.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is your only hope
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Dirty, old bad service. I have to stay in the South Bay for work during the week and I thought this place would be a good option because of price. I'd rather sleep in my car. I slept on top of the bedding - that's how nasty it was (and I'm not picky). The service was also terrible rude, rude, rude. I will NEVER stay here again. - A King

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
tonkry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We booked a stay at this hotel under the recommendation of the Winchester Mystery House Tours. While our room looked clean, it smelled of raid. We went to dinner and returned late. Fell asleep and found bugs crawling on us a couple hours later.I cannot emphasize our disgust.
The manager at first tried to say he has never had this happen before, but I was beyond ticked off and I think he knew better. He apologized and offered another room. He admitted that some of his rooms are being treated and he was told this was already taken care of.
Then he offered me 25% off the price, I was unmoved. Told him that was unacceptable. He countered with 50% - I told him the health department will be called. He gave me my room for free.

I will never stay here again. My family and I did not deserve to experience this horrible event. I do not understand the lack of care.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This had to be the worst experience I have had with a motel. I was planning to stay three nights. After the second night, I left. The motel was noisy. I heard toilet flushing, televisions at 1:00 AM to 4:00 AM and conversations. The first night, I was awakened twice, I didn't complain. I thought it was a fluke. The second night I was awakened by five guys in the parking lot, each sparing for dominance in the conversation. I called the motel desk, and got a busy signal twice. I finally yelled out to the guys. When I went to the front desk in person to complain, they essentially accused me of lying about calling the desk. They claimed that they had eight lines and that they all couldn't be busy. I requested for a reduced rate. She said I was already getting a good rate and gave me a $7.50 discount for the first night.

These people need to wake up to the fact that all eight of their lines can be placed on hold, and the front desk employee then can be assured of getting a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Not far from the airport or downtown San Jose, beautiful little rose garden just up the road, very nice to relax in the sun. We arrived a bit early and were told the room wasn't ready, which was fine. Came back when they told us and it still wasn't ready, had to wait another half an hour but it was OK with us but I wouldn't recommend getting here until at least 2.30pm. The rooms are large and clean and there is free internet and a nice pool. We only stayed one night but it was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here one night. It was close to the airport and that was what I was looking for when I booked our room. The room was smelly and the walls paper thin. Our neighbor's woke us up in the middle of the night due to their loud talking. The beds were okay and the bathroom clean. The breakfast was okay - serving cereal, bread, danishes, coffee, and juice. We have come to realize that we will not be booking rooms at any Super 8 as we haven't had good experiences with them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

The room was pretty clean, but we had to ask 3 times for them to have the people below us turn off their music or tv. It was about 12:00 pm when they finally did something about it for us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 - San Jose Airport/Santa Clara Area? Share your experiences!