“It feels likes home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sweden
“It feels likes home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I have stayed here for a week now and I think this is a great hotel. It is a nice pool area, the service is great, the staff is very friendly. It is a good breakfast, garage for parking. The location is great (close to freeway), the bartender is a really nice person.

After been eating both breakfast and some dinner here it feels like a second home. I will stay here next time I am in San Jose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Very clean, nice rooms with good facilities. The staff are phenomenally helpful and friendly and it's a pretty handy location. This place has become my default location whenever I am in the valley.

Small downside is that, it can be a bit noisy because of proximity to the main road and when we were there the provision for food was patchy due to renovations, although that was not a huge problem since there is a superb little Japanese place across the road (under no circumstances be tempted by Tony Roma's).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Like any normal chain hotel room. I was expecting more boutique, although it was not bad. Nice comfortable bed, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed in this hotel since all the hotels in the San Jose downtown area were sold out due to a convention. Overall, it's an "okay" hotel--I can't complain too much, since the value is there at rates starting from $99/night on the weekdays and $149/night on the weekends.
Pros:
Friendly, welcoming staff
Conveniently located 10 minutes from Downtown San Jose
Cons:
My room happened to be a floor above the hotel's kitchen. It turns out the venting is shared, so it dumped the smell of bacon in the morning (I'm not a fan of bacon, so this wasn't a pleasant thing to smell when I first woke up)
No frills room service menu

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
San Carlos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My husband, daughter (2years old) and I stayed here over a weekend while we were in town attending a wedding. We chose the hotel because we used to live down the street on Saratoga and know the area well plus we wanted to be near family/friends, the mall and freeway access. Our stay was absolutely perfect and for the money ($89/night through Expedia) I cannot say enough about this place. The only issues for us were that we had a room facing the parking lot which also happens to face East and the sun through the blinds woke us early, around 6am every morning. With a toddler we are used to it, but I found it annoying all the same. They should put blackout drapes on the windows. Also, there is a tile entryway in each room and the people staying above us on the 3rd floor wore high heels and it woke me when they would clack around as they came in the door. In general, I would say the hallway noise volume and neighbor noise volume is higher than average--which wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have a toddler who goes to bed earlier than the average adult. As it was, it didn't ruin our stay, I still feel the hotel is a solid 4 stars and if we had tried the pool or restaurant maybe I'd be able to give it more. Definitely on my list of recommendations for friends and family who need a place to stay in San Jose.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and always greeted me by name when I came through. Some nice touches, like a pool table for guests and free apples. Free wifi and wired Internet. Breakfast buffet is decent and affordable, if a little bit small. Seems to attract a set of loyal regulars.

One complaint: No safe in the rooms.

It's not just another business hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Nothing glaringly wrong- just nothing special. Can't even say it was a particularly great value- got a $99 rate (just a bed & bathroom, no breakfast). Kinda depressing, really. But, again, nothing specifically bad.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!