“The Moorpark is 'The Bomb'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Moorpark is 'The Bomb'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

Stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to San Jose. I was looking for a boutique style hotel with charm and all of the comforts of home - and I found it!
The staff was super friendly upon arrival and even called my room five minutes after check-in to make sure I was satisfied. I have to say I found that call to be very comforting and I appreciated their concern.
My room was on the second floor not far from the elevators and the pool table loft area and I never heard a sound. I even took advantage of the pool table and big screen tv to watch a basketball game - I felt right at home.
The bar/restaurant attached to the hotel had wonderful food and a tranquil atmosphere. They make the best mixed drinks there, including their signature apple martini. The fresh ahi tuna was an added bonus.
Never got to take advantage of the pool and hot tub area with personal cabanas but there is always next time.
I wish I could take this hotel everywhere I travel!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I typically travel about 70% of my time, so an accommodation is more than just a place to sleep. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and believe me, I've seen it all. Upon my arrival at the Moorpark Hotel, I feel an immediate release of tension. It's the closest place to my home, I've ever found away from home.

The friendly staff is first rate, the furnishings & decor are always fresh & comfortable and the mini-bar is always fully stocked. I have enjoyed many a great meal at the Moorpark's cozy restaurant, on the courtyard patio around the pool and in my room. The Moorpark Hotel is like an oasis and I stay there often.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2006

The Mgt and Staff at the Moorpark have achieved what every other hotel purports to provide. My stay there could not have been more comfortable. The staff was most attentive and friendly. The extra amenities were unique and well appreciated. The furnishings were wonderfully comfortable. Everything was immaculate. I didn't want to come home. Am searching for a reason to go back!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2006

We stayed at the Moorpark Hotel last summer to sightsee and visit relatives. What a beautiful hotel! We were all thrilled to see the lovely lobby. There were always apples available in the lobby for our hungry teenager.
Our room looked out onto the parking lot, but we didn't find it noisy. The other side of the hotel faces the pool. This would be a lovely view, but there is a highway on the other side of the hedge and it might be noisy. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. The bathrooms were luxurious. The kids loved the bathrobes.
Our kids, aged 10 and 13, loved the pool and hot tub. It is surrounded by greenery and roofed tents to protect you from the sun. There was internet poolside that was complimentary. The hot tub was large and we all enjoyed it immensely.
The hotel, pool, and rooms were kept very clean.
Just outside the hotel, across the parking lot, were family style restaurants.
The staff were very friendly. We had no problems with check in or out.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2005
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

I've stayed at the Moorpark during a span of 2 years of traveling to San Jose on business & pleasure. The hotel truly has a boutique feel and is located right in Saratoga, easily accessible by freeways and with several restaurants within walking distance (many more a short drive away). The look and feel is very contemporary - dark mahogany and lots of greens. The service is great, and I love the little touches... dvd players in all the rooms (Blockbuster is down the street), aveda spa products, a billards room, a gorgeous pool area, and fresh green apples galor (partially decoration, partially for guests enjoyment). Weekend rates are especially good... and they have special deals for AAA members.

It's a great place to stay when you're in town for business or for pleasure!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

Stayed at this hotel during the recent Game Developer's Conference in San Jose. Most hotels in the downtown core were completely overbooked and I had no option but to go a little outside of the city. I'm so thrilled that I found the Moorpark on such short notice. Truly fantastic beds, comfy robes, big marbled bathrooms. Lots of room to stretch! I ordered room service for dinner one night and the Ahi Tuna was out of this world.

Housekeeping staff were some of the friendliest and most willing to assist that I have ever experienced. I contacted them twice (once for toothpaste & once for some extra shampoo) and in both cases they responded in less than 3 minutes and with a smile.

I really felt welcome here and had a fantastic stay.

In addition, the hotel is less than 5 minutes from both Santana Row shopping area and the major mall.

Minor complaints:
1.) My room was located directly beside the stairs to the side parking lot - the door slamming shut as people exited early in the morning and late at night was an annoyance.

2.) The hotel did not have my King Club Level room that I booked available when I checked in. I was told that all of the rooms were exactly alike anyways and so they booked me into a regular King room instead and brought up wine, snacks and Pellegrino to compensate. At least they made an attempt to amend!

Overall, a very good experience. Bravo to the Moorpark.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

Was there for four nights and found that the Moorpark exceeded my expectations on all counts. Luxurious yet unpretentious. No negative surprises, only positive ones (gigantic bathroom, room in mini-bar fridge for one's own potables, plug-and-play high speed internet, no gouging of guests to use computer/printer in business center). I was driving into downtown San Jose each day for a conference (dtown hotels were sold out), and there's virtually no traffic on 280 into downtown San Jose in the a.m. (everyone's going the other way -- to where i don't know). Trip was about 10 minutes door to door.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!