“Old World Elagance, Classic Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roseville, Ca
“Old World Elagance, Classic Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Situated at the Corner of Saratoga and Moorpark in San Jose, the hotel looks very unpretentious from the street. But the inside, oh, the inside is another story! Decorated in what could best be a fusion of East and West , the lobby is reminiscent of old world hotels in Paris and, perhaps Tokyo. Lofty ceilings. dark hardwood beams and paneling, large hand-crafted pottery pieces and elegant plantings reflect a serious decorator's use of rich materials combined with a hint of the East!
Equally satisfying are the large and elagantly appointed rooms...
and I am not allowed to speak of the pillows, perhaps the very highlight of our stay! Combine all of this elegance with classic service on the part of the staff, plus a breakfast bar, pool and other amenities and one would think they were downtown San Francisco. But alas, merely San Jose (not to be slighted, by-the way, as a host city for a multitude of conventions!)
And did I mention the rates? Another well-kept secret! Leave it as you will have more than adequate change for a nice dinner and a movie! All together a wonderful hotel, great decor, superior service, all at a very affordable price!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I read that negative review from the person who received the dirty fork and felt I needed to respond because this hotel was great and doesn't deserve that sort of review.

Her incident does sound awful but I stayed at this hotel in August and thought it was fabulous. That reviewer either had a very bad day or is overly sensitive and has blown the entire incident way out of proportion (feeling stalked because an employee wanted to speak with her privately (probably to apologize for the dirty fork) and her child crying in the car for fear her mother was going to be physically attacked. I mean how realistic is that?

I travel on a continuous basis and can assure readers that this hotel is new, beautiful, clean, and very well appointed. The staff was nothing but professional and helpful and I went to breakfast late on a Sunday morning but didn't have any issues finding food to eat (five minutes before closing) and clean utensils. The staff there did begin to clean up a bit as i was eating but they were very nice and didn't make me feel rushed.

Believe me, there are lots of horrific hotels out there - I've unfortunately stayed in a few. But this one is gorgeous and deserves to be ranked at the top of hotels in the area.

I'm swinging through San Jose again this next weekend and have already made my reservation for the Moorpark.

I was there over a weekend and a manager was on duty all weekend so again I question the reviewer who says there was no manager available.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Middletown, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I was really let down, most especially in light of the good reviews I read that led me to book this hotel for a special weekend.

I think the health department needs to check out this place, because with what happened to me, I very well could have contracted hepatitis or some other disease or illness from the dining room.

Here are the negatives:

The breakfast supposedly went until 10:30, or so we were told. When we arrived, they were out of almost everything. There was no silverware left, so I requested some from a woman who worked in the dining room. She chose three forks and a spoon out of a bowl of DIRTY dishes, wiped them with a napkin and handed them to me. The forks were covered in food. I took them to the front desk and asked the woman working there if she would eat with them. She looked at them and said, "no." I asked for a manager and was told that no manager would be in until Monday. Not very helpful. Got my first apology from this employee, still not very helpful.

To make matters worse, the front desk woman went and spoke to the two women working in the dining room while I was still in there with my family. The woman who gave me the dirty forks came over to me and my seven year old and admitted doing it and apologized twenty some odd times. It was horrible and she looked like she was going to freak out. I tried to leave and the older woman from the dining room staff FOLLOWED me out and asked to speak with me in a private room. She started to direct me toward a conference room in an intimidating way. This was scary and strange. My daughter cried about it in the car because she was afraid for me. I could not get away and felt completely stalked by this woman. Fortunately, my husband came and told her to back off.

If you go here, I would avoid the dining room. I would not go here.

To make matters worse, the housecleaning staff walked off with my personal linens from home (towels). I am shocked. I always bring my own pillowcases and towel due to sensitive skin.

Bottom line: (1) No hotel should give you dirty eating implements; (2) staff should not accost you and your family; (3) if breakfast is until 10:30, there should be ample amounts of food until 10:30; (4) cleaning staff should look at the linens and make certain they belong to the hotel before taking them away.

I will never go here again, and I certainly would not recommend that anyone else go here. Try the Valencia, the Hilton or anywhere other than this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My husband and our two young children stayed at the Moorepark Hotel in August for one night after visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium. As I was walking up to the front desk, the manager had already told me that the crib was set up in our room and they were ready for us to check-in. Top-notch and truly a dream after our night before experience at another hotel where we had to check 4-5 times for a roll-away and a crib.

The room was very clean and large enough for 4 of us to comfortably fit in it (even the bathroom!). The couch had a hide-a-bed which was perfect for our daughter to sleep on. There weren't any sheets for the hide-a-bed; no sooner had I called down when I was whisked a fresh set within 8 minutes. Truly stunning service. The pool and the hot tub were fantastic: clean, fresh towels and working furniture!

My only complaint about the Moorepark was our in-room thermostat. It never seemed to accurately register the temperature of the room when the AC was off or on and when we clicked it on, an arctic blast cooled the room down within 1 minute but it never turned off. As a result my husband and I didn't get much sleep as we were up 3-4 times a night turning it on and off. We would have opened the window but our room faced a very busy street and the hotel is located next to a major freeway.

Aside from the temperature, everything was fantastic and the staff was great. We hope to be back again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed a quick night at the Moorpark on my way south from SF to Orange County. I have stayed at a lot of hotels but never at a Joie de Vivre property and I wasn't too familiar with the area. I booked this last-minute based solely on the TripAdvisor score and convenient location, and the past reviewers were dead-on correct.

To keep it brief... Location was very central to that area. Friendly front desk employees. Attractive and spacious room with a nice travertine bath and great linens. Free covered parking and free wireless internet. A $10 minibar credit, glass of wine, and breakfast (is this normal?) on top of the low $105 rate. Even cable TV when I was wanting to catch up on Top Chef after being on the road for a while...it's the little things!

I think this was an older property that was renovated...not sure how long ago, but I wish them great success and a continued #1 rating on TripAdvisor. I've been to hotels that were 3-4 times more expensive per night that overall did not impress me as much as the Moorpark. Well done.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This was our last stay after two weeks on the road ... and it was by far the best. Great rooms, great decor, great cleanliness, excellent staff, nice basement parking, excellent security, high speed ethernet internet connection that acutally worked, nice mini-bar, excellent space in the rooms, Did I mention great room for the price? Great staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

This is my new hotel for this area. Friendly staff. Feels like home. I traveled with my wife and they even gave her a parting gift!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!