“Great Mini-Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morgan Hill, California
“Great Mini-Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

This is hands down one of the best hotel experiences I have had! I am part of the Joy of Life Club (frequent membership of sorts), so the hotel knew basic information upon my arrival. Without saying a word, the front desk wished me a happy birthday and asked us what our plans were for the day. I explained that we would be picked up at noon with a limo and would be gone for the day to go wine tasting. Later that evening, I found a vase of roses with a handwritten note saying "Happy Birthday, we hope you had a great time wine tasting. Please look in the mini fridge for a surprise." Of course I checked it out, and found a mini birthday cake, and it was delicious! From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised! I live in the area and typically stay at this hotel if I plan a weekend near Santana Row, now I won't stay anywhere else! I even followed up with the manager and mentioned I'll be staying at another JDV Hotel (Hotel Kabuki) in San Francisco, and she said she will pass the word along to them that it is my boyfriend's birthday. I am not sure if this outstanding customer service is company-wide, but I sure hope it is!

• Liked — The customer service
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

Stayed for a quick night as I was in transit from a late night flight from the East Coast to Monterey. Stayed at the Moorpark based on reviews and it did not disappoint, especially for the money.

Arrived late and was greeted by friendly staff and given a $10 voucher for the mini-bar (enough for M&Ms, Gatorade and juice).

Room was clean, relatively modern and pretty basic. No flat screen TV, but it did have an iHome (ipod docking station). Bathroom was also clean and moden basic. Good shower pressure. Basic soaps and shampoos, nothing fancy.

Room included breakfast, which was in a bar set up like area overlooking the pool. Above average breakfast - the Japanese food was gone by the time we got there, but everything else (bacon, eggs, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, fruit plate) was good. Staff was friendly, but very busy.

Bottom line - good value for a quick stay.

• Liked — Good value.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Karlsruhe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

I stayed at the Moorpark Hotel for 2 weeks this October. Directly at arrival I have been greeted very warmly and made to feel welcome.
The hotels rooms are furnished to a high standard and spotlessly clean and very well maintained and taken care of every day.

The bed was huge, and the bedding was immaculate. There were many fluffy pillows, and the bed was very, very comfortable.

The bathroom was crystal clean. The shower curtain was also very clean and without any moulds or hairs. And there were plenty of towels soft and very clean.

The TV and the remote worked and there were many channels. The air conditioning controls were on the wall and worked very well. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness and the comfort of the room. It was really quiet, and I heard no noise from the hall or the nearby interstate even with open window.

In my room plug-and-play high speed internet was available, there was also a business centre with free and hassle free use of computer/
printer.
The breakfast offered a huge variety of foods, from fruits over Porridge to sausages. The scramble eggs were fresh prepared and not made from reconstituted egg.

A newspaper in the morning, coffee maker in the room, milk and fresh baked cookies at night, one really feels like they're being pampered.
The Reception staff, bar-staff and restaurant staff are really friendly and very helpful.

Oh, and don't forget about the underground parking. Nice to have when it rains. I would definitely recommend the Moorpark to other visitors and I will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the Bed pillows and the fresh cookies.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We had a wonderful experience at the Moorpark. Service was great, the room was quiet and clean, breakfast was yummy and the pool area was nice. Very conveniently located, not only to the freeway and restaurants, but also to the Mountain Winery which we were going to for a concert. The highlight of our experience: on the way through the lobby the front desk gal heard my husband whistling the tune that was on the sound system. She said, "Do you like this song too?" My husband said, "Yeah, do you know who it is?" She didn't, but promised to find out for us by our return. When we returned back to the room later that day, there was a gift bag with the whole CD inside and a note thanking us for staying! We are no VIP quests, so this was a big surprise. Would definately stay again.

• Liked — Location, service, friendliness, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

I have stayed at the Moorpark several times on business trips and have never been disappointed. The staff is exceptional, the service is great and the rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. Easy access to the San Jose airport, shopping and dining. Highly recommended.

• Liked — The great staff and the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel
  • Disliked — Not much to see outside the windows
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Wokingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

I've been travelling to Northern California on business for over 20 years and have stayed in just about every hotel chain there is.
I stayed at the Moorpark Hotel for 2 weeks this August.
I have never been greeted so warmly and made to feel welcome
immeadiately I approached the check-in desk.
The Reception staff, bar-staff and restaurant staff are really friendly and the whole atmosphere in the Moorpark is just wonderful.
The hotels rooms are furnished to a high standard and spotlessly clean.
I would definately recommend the Moorpark to other visitors to the San Jose area. So much so that I am going back to stay there in 2 weeks time.

• Liked — Friendly staff, nothing too much trouble
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

This place was so wonderful...it was clean, very nicely decorated, and the staff was incredible! I asked several ?'s and they always had an answer or would research and find me an answer right away. The rooms were very comfortable and we had a great stay. Plus there is an amazing mall about 5 min that my husband and I loved!

• Liked — The decor and comfort!
  • Disliked — The street location, but near a lot of things.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!