“A good place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A good place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed at luxury hotels and dive motels and this place was very nice. The decour and service was excelent. The rooms, although small, were nicer than I expected and very clean. I don't know if they've redecorated since the man who gave it two stars, but I would deffinately stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I needed a nice, clean, safe place to stay in San Jose where I attended my 45 year class reunion, which was at a classmates home in The Rose Garden district. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. I stayed on the third level, which offers many freebies not available to the other floors. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was divine. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My ONLY issue was that one of the window shutters would not close and my room faced East, so Good Morning sun in the yes. No big deal, I needed to get up anyway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you again.

Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My son, an Apple employee (mothers used to brag about their son-the-doctor), recommended this hotel as well as another in the chain as one used by people doing business with him and his coworkers. I joined the Joie de Vivre affinity group and received immediate benefits which discounted and upgraded my reservation. The location is convenient and we were able to park with no problem. Lobby, bar, pool are very well designed and decorated. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Amenities include well stocked mini-bar, breakfast buffet, and for concierge level, a glass of nice house wine or a beer in the evening. The breakfast buffet includes Asian items and it's always enjoyable to try something different. Staff was professional and knowledgeable. We had a great time and will use this hotel as well as other locations, specifically in San Francisco, in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience.

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We wanted to visit Santana Row for my Husband's birthday & decided to stay here after the reviews, and we are so glad we did. Very lovely boutique hotel with a great staff from checking in til checking out. Nice bar/restaurant & a nice pool area with comfy chaises. The rooms are very clean & nice decor (loved the pillows).. Everyone was very helpful & pleasant. It will definitely be our hotel of choice for our next visit to the area. Highly recommend visiting this hotel when in the area.
We generally stay at chains (primarily for the points), so this was a wonderful change of pace for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am delighted you had a good experience. Thank you again.

Tel Aviv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews we got the impression that this is a real luxury hotel.
Well.. it is not. It is a motel, a very standard one. The friendly staff and the cookies cannot change the fact that it is located in an ugly part of town, away from all other hotels, restaurants, museums.
The rooms are standard motel rooms. There is nothing modern about this hotel. Not sure why anyone would stay here when downtown San Jose and the surrounding town have a huge selection of much better hotels at similar prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Moorpark Hotel. Your comments are very important to us to help us improve our standards of quality and service.

I am sorry our location was not ideal for your needs, and I truly appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you again for your feedback.

imatter@jdvhotels.com
Lenoir City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for a few days as part of our California vacation. She relaxed by the pool while I visited the Pebble Beach Concours and took in a side trip to Lick Observatory. The hotel is in a nice location with restaurants and shopping nearby.
It was clean, comfortable, the staff very friendly and quiet. Can't ask for much more. Nice touch is a pool table on the second floor.

The breakfast is overpriced for my southern experiences. Might be about right for California as things are a little more expensive there. The IHOP is nearby so we ate there. I was surprised to find the counter top and refrigerator stocked with snacks that will cost if you partake. I had to ask the staff for a price list and it wasn't cheap. I haven't seen a hotel do that in years.

I wish I had his name so I could thank him personally but the young gentleman behind the front desk when I checked out gave our trip an unexpected pleasure. I told him that we were going to Fisherman's wharf in SF and asked if I should use GPS or did he know a route with less traffic. He was adamant that we see twin peaks on our way and made sure I didn't leave without his written directions. I brushed it off for a few minutes then decided to listen to his advice. WOW! What a view of San Francisco. Thank you so much!!!!

To sum it up, A+ staff, very clean and comfy and a great value for the area. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late at night. Gloria checked us in and was very professional and friendly. Beautiful, modern, clean lobby. Rooms were nice, modern and nice as well. Our room overlooked the pool and cabanas. Overall experience is def worth 4 stars and would stay here again. Location is a little out the way.

• Stayed August 2013