“Stay Away...alooof customer service and dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino

You added Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4241 Moorpark Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129 (Formerly Moorpark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
seattle, wa USA
“Stay Away...alooof customer service and dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

In short. Stay away business travelers. I encountered bugs, dirty linens and a bathroom that smelled and was filthy. The shower head could not even muster to stay vertical and taking a shower was difficult to say the least. In the end, SETH, the mighty operations manager at the Hotel coud not find any issues and instructed the Hotels.com customer service operator and I was manufacturing the complaint. In the end, SETH made it known that he did not care whether I was satisfied and that he would not tolerate my complaints. This was the first and last stay ever at the Moorpark ota Joie de Vivre Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the Rosewood, the extra money is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Moorpark Hotel. Your comments are very important to us to help us improve our standards of quality and service.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies as I can appreciate that this was a serious disruption during your stay. I am at your service if there is anything further that I can do for you.

imatter@jdvhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Another great stopover during our trip down HWY 101. We were there in mid-June and stopped in San Jose to meet up ith friends and prepared to go east o the Sequoia National Park.
It was our anniversary weekend and we wanted to stay at a nice hotel near the town, and Santana Row as this was where we were planning to have a nice dinner. We arrived a little after 10 and it was a bit dark already, we kind of missed seeing the hotel at first and had to make a U turn (maybe the hotel can illuminate their sign?)
But the moment I walked in I was impressed, the lobby smelled like a spa and the ambiance was very nice and relaxing, The receptionist was very kind, friendly and helpful. Our room was in the second floor, and was quite spacious. It was very clean, cozy, kinda had difficulty finding the light switches the first time ;). There is a pool table right by the waiting area in front of the elevators. This is a nice area to just sit and relax, it overlooks the hotel lobby.
The hotel has its own parking garage under the building as well as in front and at the side. But underground parking was the best choice for us, we unloaded our things from the car and took the elevator and car wasn't hot when we got it either the next day.
There is a Tony Roma's restaurant beside it to which you could walk to, a gasoline station across the street and a very short drive to Santana Row.
We stayed two nights in this hotel and was one of the best hotels we've been in during our tip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had a great experience at this hotel. Check in staff member was so nice and helpful. Room was large, spacious and well appointed. Bed was very comfortable with great pillows and sheets. I pod dock station was nice touch. The bathroom was nice with lovely products. As we were on the executive king floor there were perks such as complimentary drinks at the bar, milk and fresh cookies and a mini bar binge.
The Pool was really nice with cabanas, hot spa and was well kept. Outside there were a few dining options within walking distance and a Japanese retail park across the street
Only negatives are that it is some distance to main areas of san jose and best suited to those with a car, and the breakfast could be improved alittle with more variety.

Room Tip: Book a club king room as it well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is a secret no more and is becoming famous for its prime location. As a member of the Moorpark's Joy of Life frequent guest club, I usually benefit from a few extras such as the 3rd Floor "club-level" amenity plus the free breakfast. This was my lucky 8th visit to the Moorpark with its non-Downtown ambience and easy access to Interstate 280 and my family's nearby residences. The Moorpark operation continues to improve and is attracting both vacationers and business clients due to its central Silicon Valley location.

My online reservation the week before went smoothly and upon arrival, senior desk clerk Kaz recognized me by name from previous visits. My top floor room was impeccably attired and flawless except for broken window blinds that didn't close all the way. The Moorpark sports selected Asian influences in its decor such as the bamboo-style bedspread and perfect buckwheat-filled pillows that lulled me to sleep right away!

The gym was excellent as were the restaurant and pool service amenities. The TV and most all room equipment worked fine. The next day it was "Ni-hao... and ... guten morgen"! My international breakfast companions in the café included a friendly German-speaking Chinese executive and his Berlin-based colleague enjoying their visit to San Jose. The breakfast menu also featured a healthy international fare and huge variety of beverages.

One downside was that the free Wi-Fi was 1990s DSL-slow and the hotel demanded $25 a day for speedier service. Pulling such a stunt in Silicon Valley is a definite no-no and I wonder how they get away with it.

Bottom line: Location, location, location and very fine service make the Moorpark my choice, always, for staying in San Jose. I highly recommend you give this property your attention.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool to avoid noise from nearby often rowdy restaurants. Pool activities...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

It's a nice hotel. I especially like the help menu for the TV channels. I'm able to switch to my favorite channel directly.

• Stayed May 2012
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Hello,

On behalf of all of us at the Moorpark Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am glad we met your expectations during your visit with us.

Lake Tahoe, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Needed a room at the last moment and read good things about it. Price is average for this level of Hotel but it is definetly worth it. We stayed on the VIP level and the room was very spacious. Very modern and clean. They could be more attentive to detail, there were some little things that should be replaced, ie: lamp shads and window blinds. Underground parking is great for all weather times. Very friendly staff and great service. Very quite and it has a very nice pool area. Breakfast was on par for that type of Hotel. We would come back again. They are a part of Hotel chain and do a great job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel was fantastic and immaculate! The staff was very accommodating and eager to help with any needs we may have had. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone, if you are on the fence, book your stay now. We looked for hours before taking a chance on this hotel and it was well worth it. Jessica was most helpful and eager to help. When this staff tells you they are happy to help,you can tell they mean it!

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MoorparkSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your stay with us. I will share your kind words with the entire team as I know they will appreciate receiving your feedback as well. I am glad we met your expectations during your visit with us.

imatter@jdvhotels.com

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino? Share your experiences!