“Good business travel hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA - Save Up to 10%
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Dallas, Texas
“Good business travel hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I've stayed here several nights over the last few weeks and it's been serviceable as well as comfortable.

Good price for the area. Great fitness center, excellent breakfast and evening reception and a very business savvy clientele.

Only had a problem with noise one night and they refunded me for the night before I even asked.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
MINNESOTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We've traveled mainly by RV; but as we are nearing 65, we have started to stay at hotels/motels. The Hampton Inn on Tully Road was wonderful. Clean, comfortable beds, huge rooms, and a pretty decent breakfast. I must mention that the desk staff, both day and night were very kind and helpful. Please don't hesitate to stay here, we will be recommending this to all of our traveling friends and family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel looks to be of new construction, it has a nice design and the rooms are above average. They have wired internet and wireless in the rooms (I didn't use the wireless). There's an upstairs "library" (I didn't see any books), but it's a nice sitting area if you need to hold a meeting.

When I checked in the staff reminded me to use any points cards for airlines and hotels I may have, which was nice.

I also like the fact that I could leave the A/C on A/C - with the fan on all the time, but the A/C set at a certain temp.

There's not much that walking distance around the hotel, but that wasn't a concern for me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This hotel meets the high Hampton Inn standards - large, well-equipped rooms, friendly service, excellent breakfast (for this kind of hotel).

My only concern is with the staff attitude - I noticed a few large pieces of trash on the corridor floor, and while a few employees were standing and walking by for over 15 minutes, none of them bothered to clean it.

But overall - will certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

The hotel is ok. They say the pool is heated although it was only mildly warm one day. The other days the water was too cold to swim. The housekeeping was on top of things. Good location to shopping and dining.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Peoria, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

This was the trip from hell. From my plane being hit by lightening and it proceeding to take 16 hours to get from Peoria, IL to San Jose, I was looking to the restful respite of the Hampton Inn.

The room was clean and spacious and the lady at the front desk that greeted me was sincerely nice. When I let her know that the airline had lost my luggage, but they should be delivering it to the hotel sometime that night (it was already 1:30 am), she let me know they'd hold it at the desk until I called down to ask them to bring it to my room the next morning.

When I woke up, my luggage still had not arrived, but the front desk staff was aware. Several hours later that day, while I was in a business meeting, I was notified the bag had made it to the hotel. That evening, I went to dinner with collegues and made it back to my room at about 8:00 to find housekeeping outside of my room with a wet & dry vac and the door propped open.

A leak from upstairs had flooded my room. Despite this, the housekeeping staff was busy cleaning, and the front desk manager greeted me to apologize and help me move to a new room quickly. They comped my night's stay and gave me an iTunes card for my trouble.

In spite of the situation, the staff made my entire stay as good as it could be under the circumstances, and did everything in their power to make me comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Jose.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Kind of in a weird area but I had high hopes, looked brand spankin new, walked into room with high ceilings but the air freshener scent was overwhelming and made me ill, also extremely thin walls can hear every word next door, even hear things drop on floor or table...its newer and different than the usual Hampton Inn, I had to check out the same night

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn And Suites San Jose? Share your experiences!