“Terrible customer service, mediocre hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North

You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6199 San Ignacio Avenue, San Jose, CA 95119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible customer service, mediocre hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We pulled up to the first building we saw upon turning into the driveway. The sign on the building did say "lobby". We entered the very small reception area, no one was behind the counter and an older couple was seated on the only two chairs. After waiting about five minutes someone came out to the counter. We were told the other couple was first and that it would be ten minutes before he could get to us. When it was finally our turn we were told we were at the wrong building and had to go to the building next door.

We went to the second building were a young lady was the only person at the counter and was visibly overwhelmed. We finally got checked in and went to our room. The entrance in the back of the building near where our room was located was a bit dumpy looking compared to the registration area. We noticed an odd smell in the hallway was we made our way to our second floor room.

The room itself was suitable since we were only staying one night. We had a few hours to kill before our play in San Jose was to start and all we wanted to do was relax and watch the NHL playoff game. With ten minutes to game time we discovered a problem with our TV. Unfortunately, calling the front desk was futile as the young lady was too overworked to answer the phone. I had to drive around to the lobby to speak with her while my boyfriend tried to get our TV to work. The young lady was rude and unhelpful. I asked if we could speak to a manager and was told we had to go to the building next door as their phone systems were not connected. I was taken aback to discover that both buildings had the same manager yet we were not allowed to check in at the other building. Having been assured that she had rebooted the TV system from her control panel I went back to our room. Nope, no TV. I called and was told we could watch the game in the lobby of the other building. I asked if we could move to a room in the other building and was told we would have to cancel our reservation and rebook with the other building. Go figure.

I don't understand why the two buildings are run as separate hotels yet on Extended Stay's website they only list the 6199 San Ignacio Avenue address. The complimentary breakfast, though we didn't partake, is offered to both buildings but served in only one. It seems to me they would run a smoother operation if they centralized the check-in process to just the main hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Allendale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If anyone gives this less than 4 stars is totally off. Great service and ever greater rooms. This was a very nice Extended Stay, and next time I'm in the area, I'll stop by again :)

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

WA State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was a convenience during a hastily-arranged trip three-day trip, and an unexpectedly pleasant surprise, especially at that cost. Was very leery, as it's impossible to find anything decent in San Jose at under $150, much less under $100 - this was NOT my first choice, though I'd had no experience with Extended Stay.

The entire motel had been reconditioned, and the room, though certainly not elegant, was clean & comfortable, and possessed of a good bed. Nice worktable/desk, reliable wi-fi at no charge (much appreciated, as I am impatient with the pigs who grind out a fee for claiming one's Email.) The staff could not have been nicer and went out of their cumulative way to provide friendly and willing service. Absence of a business center was a little vexing, as was the need to E-mail (to the front desk) anything that I needed to print - they couldn't even extract it from a flash memory "stick." (Sounds imbecilic, but I suppose it's possible that someone handed over a stick with a virus, thus terminating that avenue.)

Unsurprisingly, there is no restaurant. Not many good places to eat are close, which should make no difference to those who wish to utilize the fully-equipped kitchenette. (I'm struggling a bit with this, as I generally stay at one of the better chains, and so must fight down higher expectations so as to be fair.) The place was clean and QUIET; the accommodations were comfortable as a place to sleep; the staff was fine if unsophisticated; and the price was terrific.

Room Tip: Neighborhood isn't noisy. I chose a top floor room so as to ensure against heavy overhead footf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was driving from San Diego to San Jose and made a reservation for this hotel. I let the woman know that my Mother and I would be arriving late (11:30pm).

We arrived to find that we did not have a room because my card had been "declined" (though I had used the card the whole way up with no problems) and NO ONE bothered to call us, even though they knew we would be arriving after hours. There was a very nice gentleman who was doing the laundry who let me in, but didn't have the authority to give me a room. He seemed very worried that we might have to sleep in our car, but couldn't do anything about it. I called the night manager and left a message. Luckily we found a hotel close by that was open at that hour.

I called in the morning and was directed to a manager. I left a message on his machine as well and never was called back. I can't speak for the conditions but the service is horrible!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North? Share your experiences!