“Very nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Allendale, New Jersey
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If anyone gives this less than 4 stars is totally off. Great service and ever greater rooms. This was a very nice Extended Stay, and next time I'm in the area, I'll stop by again :)

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
WA State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was a convenience during a hastily-arranged trip three-day trip, and an unexpectedly pleasant surprise, especially at that cost. Was very leery, as it's impossible to find anything decent in San Jose at under $150, much less under $100 - this was NOT my first choice, though I'd had no experience with Extended Stay.

The entire motel had been reconditioned, and the room, though certainly not elegant, was clean & comfortable, and possessed of a good bed. Nice worktable/desk, reliable wi-fi at no charge (much appreciated, as I am impatient with the pigs who grind out a fee for claiming one's Email.) The staff could not have been nicer and went out of their cumulative way to provide friendly and willing service. Absence of a business center was a little vexing, as was the need to E-mail (to the front desk) anything that I needed to print - they couldn't even extract it from a flash memory "stick." (Sounds imbecilic, but I suppose it's possible that someone handed over a stick with a virus, thus terminating that avenue.)

Unsurprisingly, there is no restaurant. Not many good places to eat are close, which should make no difference to those who wish to utilize the fully-equipped kitchenette. (I'm struggling a bit with this, as I generally stay at one of the better chains, and so must fight down higher expectations so as to be fair.) The place was clean and QUIET; the accommodations were comfortable as a place to sleep; the staff was fine if unsophisticated; and the price was terrific.

Room Tip: Neighborhood isn't noisy. I chose a top floor room so as to ensure against heavy overhead footf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was driving from San Diego to San Jose and made a reservation for this hotel. I let the woman know that my Mother and I would be arriving late (11:30pm).

We arrived to find that we did not have a room because my card had been "declined" (though I had used the card the whole way up with no problems) and NO ONE bothered to call us, even though they knew we would be arriving after hours. There was a very nice gentleman who was doing the laundry who let me in, but didn't have the authority to give me a room. He seemed very worried that we might have to sleep in our car, but couldn't do anything about it. I called the night manager and left a message. Luckily we found a hotel close by that was open at that hour.

I called in the morning and was directed to a manager. I left a message on his machine as well and never was called back. I can't speak for the conditions but the service is horrible!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - South - Edenvale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North? Share your experiences!