“This is my fav hotel in Sillicon Valley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Save Saved
You added HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley to your Saves list
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Headquarters Drive, San Jose, CA 95134 (Formerly Hotel Sierra San Jose - Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in San Jose
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“This is my fav hotel in Sillicon Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love Hyatt. It is one of the places that i make a point to stay in every time i visit the Sillicon Valley-Reason why, the rooms are to die for, the location is excellent and the price is well worth it. They have excellent gym as well as a good bar. The location is ideal if you want to use the local transport as well as the car park which is always locked.
The breakfast was also very nice.
As always, what a great choice for my stay.

Room Tip: Try to park in the garage. Very safe
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights over the 4th of July weekend. The staff was very courteous upon check in, and called our room a few minutes after we arrived asking if we were happy with our accommodations. We opted for the King bed suite which had a sofa bed and TV in the living room and a small kitchen. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. We liked the security of staying at the hotel. You need a room key to access the elevators and you get private parking as well. Made us feel more safe. The breakfast in the morning was the best complimentary breakfast we have ever had. The omelette station was incredible and all the food was well above what we expected. The elevators were fast, our room was quiet. The hotel was clean and modern and the staff was friendly at all times. The property is steps away from a number of stores and restaurants as well. My one and only complaint was the lack of a hot tub by the pool. It was a bit chilly at night and having a hot tub would have been a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the 6th or 7th floor. The view was very nice and the room was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We spent two nights here and guess what was going on during our stay? I'm not a huge soccer fan, but the World Cup was on all of the television sets during our complimentary breakfast, so that was cool. And yes, my comment about the omelette station is in step with everyone else's--it was a nice touch, but when the line is about fifteen people deep, then I'm bypassing. There has to be a better way of doing this...maybe having a person take orders while a couple of other people make the omelettes? Other than this, the breakfast selection was decent, especially for my husband who is an egg hater. There is a parking structure next door that is shared by other businesses and it seems to me that there aren't enough spaces to accommodate all of the guests, which is why, I guess, they are allowed to park in the lot that's shared with CVS, etc. in the evening. We had no problem figuring out that you need your key card to operate the elevator; quite a few other hotels have this safety feature as well. We also didn't notice the Wi-Fi being particularly slow; maybe we have low expectations of hotels? All in all, we had a good stay. I save my excellent rating for hotels that I find to be the total bomb, so although I would definitely stay here again, there was nothing that made this Hyatt stand out head and shoulders above the rest. It was a good, clean, comfortable hotel that was a little bit on the pricey side.

Room Tip: The air conditioner seemed pretty sensitive, so adjust to your taste. The room was quite stuffy when...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
White Oak, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband reserved the room through Hotwire for an excellent price and I was very surprised to see how great the accommodation was. There was a kitchenette, a sleeper sofa which was so convenient for my son.The complimentary breakfast was an awesome addition, lots of choices. The only downgrade was the front desk clerk forgot to tell my husband that he has to slide his key card in the elevator in order to work, we're glad there were a couple in the elevator that informed us. Overall, it was a satisfying stay, I would stay here again if I ever visit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BOSQUE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a very nice property. It has a great complimentary breakfast. Very quiet. It's in a convenient location, easy access, although signage at the street would be a great help. I liked having the business center available for printing our boarding passes, etc. out. The bar onsite is nice, although check the bottom of the menu's small print for what really is included in the happy hour. I was able to get a good rate, if it's available again, I would definitely stay here. I was concerned about having to drive the 101 in the morning to Palo Alto, but had no problems.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect for our family with my mother getting her own room. The suite was spacious and clean. Furniture was modern and carpet was so soft on our feet. Front Desk personnel were always friendly. The location was in a newer area with shops (CVS, Target) and restaurants (Chick-Fil-A, Sweet Tomatoes, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, and more) within walking distance. More shops and restaurants are within a 5-minutes drive. You can walk a couple of city blocks to VTA (light rail line) which would connect to Caltrains and take you to San Francisco. The hotel is in a triangular area between 3 major freeways. Don't worry. You can't hear or see them from the hotel. The freeways are not too close but are very easily accessible. One freeway on-ramp is about 1/4 mile away. It's about a 50 minutes drive to San Francisco, 15 minutes drive to San Jose, and 50 minutes to Santa Cruz. It's about 15 minutes to San Jose Airport, 35 minutes to San Francisco airport, and 35 minutes to Oakland airport.

We'd like to give this place 4.5 stars but there are no halves. The only reason this place does not get 5 stars from us is breakfast. The selection is a little better than average for hotel self-serve breakfast - usual beverages, toast, muffiins, bagel, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit & gravy, potatoes, yogurt, and fresh fruit. They had the addition of a person making omelettes on a little cart. We didn't order omelettes but noticed that people had to wait a very long time. The person making the omelettes used too much egg so the omelettes took forever to cook and we saw many people having to cancel their orders. The person making them was pleasant and friendly. She probably just needed instructions on how to make smaller, quicker, better omelettes (they mostly looked liked scrambles.) We dropped the rating one star because there were a couple of workers standing around and chatting instead of refilling food items (which were all low both mornings.) For example, the pitchers of water were never refilled in the 30 minutes that we were eating in the dining room even though the one male worker walked by it several times. He just stood and chatted with the omelette maker. We had to wait 15 minutes before someone refilled the fruit bowl. We have to thank Em (sorry forgot how to spell your full name) for taking the time to greet all guests and to see if we needed anything. Because of Em, we wish we could up the rating half a notch. She defines customer service.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again when we visit our friends in the Bay Area. The location is convenient and feels safe. The suite was spacious and felt like home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was new and the staff friendly . It had a cool hang out area and bar since most people who stay here stay for longer than standard hotels . Friendly guest and big rooms makes this place a great fit for me. The only downside was at 6 am the fire alarms went off and everyone had to evacuate so the fire could be put out. So I grabbed my stuff and left. I was surprised to still be charged for that night but after speaking to the manager she said everyone would be reimbursed for that night.

Room Tip: Get a west facing room they are very quite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!