“Beautiful Cathedral!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 142 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1876, this church serves the oldest parish in San Jose.
San Jose, California
“Beautiful Cathedral!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

It is a historical church and a wonderful experience for anyone on matter what religion.
I went to this church when I was a little girl and it brings back memories. I went to a wedding there a few years ago and it was lovely.
My Son and I were at a meeting in downtown San Jose and went there in early afternoon and what a special church and place. It is so peaceful and specticular. Thank you San Jose.

Visited April 2012

Aptos, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cathedral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lovely place to celebrate Mass. Have done a fine restoration job. Each time we have been here, we are glad we went. Beautiful stained glass and a great place for first communion & confirmation celebrations.

Visited November 2011
Lake City, Florida
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a tour, which is offered for free. Our docent told us lots of history of the church. It is a beautiful Cathedral.

Visited June 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Small but gorgeous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Reminds me of the old town I grew up in the Philippines, Our Lady of Manaoag. Beautiful architecture and peaceful despite the noise in downtown SJC. It is a small one yet gorgeous!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“magnificent architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This Cathedral was BEAUTIFUL!!! As a Catholic, I've been to many beautiful Catholic churches, and this was one of them. Though, they did not have kneelers. I'm not sure if this is standard in churches in the Diocese of San Jose. Still, it was a nice place to worship on a Sunday morning.

Visited May 2012