“rushed waiter” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse - Blossom Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 1,696 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
San Jose, CA
“rushed waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have always enjoyed eating here, but this last time was somewhat disappointing due to the hurried and unfriendly nature of the waiter and the lack of rapport we had with him. The food was very good as usual, but our waiter was always in a hurry, spoke too fast and was hard to understand. Previous wait staff had always been friendlier.

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
San Jose, California
“Thanksgiving Dinner at the Black Angus”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We usually eat at home for Thanksgiving, but we decided to give Mom a break and made reservations for 5:15. Arrived at 5:00 to find the entryway packed. Didn't these people make a reservation, ha,ha, we did ! Checking in, we found "everyone" had reservations, they were just running about :45 behind. We stood (no seats available) in the bar area and had a couple beers. I tried to count the number of people waiting around the check-in desk and entry area; about 100, my best count, and that didn't include another 80 in the bar area. If I didn't have a reservation, this would be acceptable, but with a reservation, ...NO. Finally seated at 6:10. Dinners were fine, three of us had the special turkey dinner, and one teriyaki chicken. The waiters seemed to be short-handed, because of the holiday, but ours did a pretty good job. They forgot the gravy on one of our mashed potatoes, but when we finally flagged down a passing manager, it was remedied. Basically, after we were seated, everything was fine, but the hour wait, was not; we won't be coming here again, during a holiday!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Friday Nite @ Black Angus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Four of us went out to the Black Angus on Blossom Hill Rd for dinner, last Friday. First thing, the parking lot was jammed, so my son dropped us off, and went to park, while we went inside. We had a 6;30 reservation, but it took my son about :20 minutes to park. We were seated, and everything seemed to go smooth. Drinks came, we ordered dinner and then the salads arrived, except my daughter-in-law's soup never came. She didn't say anything, until the entrees were served, and the server (not the one that took the order) seemed surprised, but brought it, as she still wanted it. I then began to notice our waiter, apologising to other tables around us, for various things. Two of us had filet mignon and two had chicken. Both were good, especially the 8oz filets . Two had deserts and it seemed like an extrordinary wait for them. Meanwhile we asked for a refill on our coffee. About 7-8 minutes later, our waiter mentioned the coffee was brewing. I then saw him speak to the busboy, and motion towards our table. The busboy promptly showed up with a coffee craffe, except it was empty, but he soon returned with another. Then, we needed sugar which, again, took several requests to obtain. Why does anyone have to wait 5 minutes for a package of sugar ? When the bill came, I glanced at it and put my credit card out. When our waiter returned with the credit card copies, I noticed the bill was now about $6 more ! I am guessing my son's dessert was the late add-on, although I have never experienced this. Maybe I would have had a discount if I'd have paid with cash ! We were in a hurry by now, so I didn't question it, as I expect there was an explanation for it.
It may be that the Black Angus was short on help that night, but there were apologies to two tables across from us and the booth next to us. Our waiter always seemed to be around, working, but the service kept this from a better rating, and him a better tip.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Katy, Texas
“I do not recommend this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We made a reservation since it was our first time and we did not know if the waiting list was long. We arrived at 1:10 and we were taken to a table right away. The restaurant was almost empty(now we know why). We ordered potato soup, cesars' salad, fries, mash potatoes, fillet mignon and sirloin. One hour later our food arrived and it was not good. The soup was salty, the fillet mignon was tasteless and the fries were soggy. I do not understand what can take so long on an empty restaurant. The bathroom reminded me of gas station bathrooms, dirty. I will not recommend this restaurant.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Value for a Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was lucky enough to come into the Black Angus on the night they were running a special on Filet. The meat was fantastic and I believe was better than some of the top listed Steakhouses in the area. Veggies were fresh and the Server was excellent.

Visited November 2012