“Elegant Property - Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolce Hayes Mansion

You added Dolce Hayes Mansion to your Saves list
Dolce Hayes Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Edenvale Avenue, San Jose, CA 95136 (Formerly Hayes Conference Center)   |
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Jose, California
“Elegant Property - Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property and it was very nice. We have been here for brunch several times but never stayed at the hotel. The brunch is always extraordinary - beautiful presentation and the food is good. As for the hotel itself the staff was very professional and very nice. The rooms have very comfortable beds and the cleanliness I would rate as a 10. Although the rooms had many modern amenities the decor was not as modern. I understand that the hotel is keeping the look and feel of old time elegance with a touch of modern to it but some if the shelves and furniture looked so old that the paint was worn and chipped. It was very minor and didn't take away from the experience however for the price of $200 per night - I feel it should have been repaired or replaced. The exercise facility was very nice and had everything you need to stay fit away from home. There is even a small dog park across the parking lot. I would definitely stay here again. Very quiet and elegant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for giving us your honest review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you here for years to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dolce and Hayes Mansion is a great place to stay if you are arranging weddings. I had a number of issues with my room, but the service technicial, Mr. Albert, took care of the issues. I was very impressed and satisfied with how Mr. Albert took it upon himself to follow up and take care of the issues. The room I stayed was a bit old, and had a lot of wear and tear. I wish the hotel had been close to restaurants and shops. The front-desk staff could be more polite and customer friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments.

Please accept my sincere apologies for having to deal with any challenges in your room.

I have forwarded your comments to Jack Jackson our Chief Engineer. So he can share your compliments of Mr. Albert with Albert and investigate for future reference.

I will personally continue to focus on ensuring we are providing great customer service to our guests.

Sincerely
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here in October for three nights for a business function. I stayed in the ballroom building. The rooms were a bit out-dated, but very clean and cozy. It felt more like I was staying at someone's house, instead of at one of those large hotel chains. I was right at home. I was able to open the windows in my room at night. I slept like a baby with the fresh air! Buffet food was very good, never dissapointed. Loved the patio with heat lamps, it provided a space to have after dinner drinks with coworkers. The grounds are well-kept, location is very unique.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We love to hear that we are just like home.

This means we have succeeded in making you feel comfortable, safe and relaxed.

Thank you for your great review and positive comments.
Teague, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were in California on vacation and this was where we stayed on our last night of the trip-was just looking for a place to crash and get a good night's rest before flying back to Texas the next morning. Upon arrival the front desk staff were very pleasant and efficient!! Once we got to our room, which was a king suite, we were even more impressed! VERY large room, and exceptionally quiet the entire night. Almost felt like we were the only ones there-although I knew we weren't because we had a VERY hard time getting a parking spot remotely close to the doors nearest to our room. That was my ONLY complaint-had to park way down from where our room actually was located. Other than that, was very very pleased and would highly recommend this place if you are looking for an exceptional place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! :) If we ever make it back to San Jose, we will definitely be making reservations here again!

Room Tip: King Suites are VERY roomy and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Loja, Loja, Ecuador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful, but left me quite disappointed. I came here to use the amenities while my husband was here on business. They advertise a fitness center that's supposed to have, in addition to workout equipment, lockers, steam room, sauna and indoor hot tub. I went down around 8:30 am and found that the area was very quiet, there were NO people around. None of the lockers had keys, so I asked the front desk and was told there are no keys for the lockers available. All right then, I guessed I had to take the risk of having my purse and clothes stolen, but realized there were no people around so I was willing to continue. I wanted to use the steam room, I even found a button to work it, but then realized there IS no steam room. There was a dry, working sauna that I WAS able to use but then when I wanted to use the indoor hot tub, it was like walking through a maze. When I finally found the correct hallway (now it it was after 9 am), it was pitch black and I couldn't see which doors would let me in. If I let the locker room door close behind me, there was no light and since I was alone, there was no way to find the stupid hot tub. I was VERY disappointed since I came to use these features that don't exist or are hidden. I returned to my room to call the front desk, only to be informed that the indoor hot tub area opens at 7 am! I gave up.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your experience with our fitness center area. I will forward to all responsible to ensure your experience with our fitness center is a positive one. We will check to ensure we are opening the facility as posted, look into our lockers and look into what signage we have posted regarding where our fitness amenities are located.

Your comments are important to us.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had the best time here. I cam for a conference and it was one of the best experiences I have had with a hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful and the property had such rich history. All of the food was out of this world. I compare other hotels food to the Dolce now. They offered events for our group like wine tasting and games which made it even better to enjoy. I definitely will stay again if I am ever in San Jose!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

Until next time take care.

Again thank you for your time and comments.
Raumati Beach, Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for a three day meeting and really enjoyed the stay. The room was comfortable, the people friendly, the food good and the environment is lovely.
Our meeting was well looked after, happily recommend it for both business and leisure stays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to read of your wonderful experience during your stay with us.

Thank you very much for the wonderful review.

Been to Dolce Hayes Mansion? Share your experiences!