“Hayes Dolce Mansion - a change from the usual!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolce Hayes Mansion

Save Saved
You added Dolce Hayes Mansion to your Saves list
Dolce Hayes Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Edenvale Avenue, San Jose, CA 95136 (Formerly Hayes Conference Center)   |
Ranked #3 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Hayes Dolce Mansion - a change from the usual!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A refreshing change from big corporate hotels in this part of the US.
Hayes Dolce Mansion has an almost British colonial feel and is a great place to stay on business or pleasure.

Breakfasts excellent with wide choice and rooms huge, clean and well equipped. Spacious grounds make you forget you are in the heart of Silicon Valley!
$45 cab ride from San Jose Airport

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would like to let you know that have a shuttle service avaialbe that is more affordable ($30.00) that a taxi ride ($45.00).

It appears that we did not make you aware of this service please accept my sincere apologies. I would like the opportunty to correct this by extending an offer of free shuttle service to and from the airport for your next stay with us. When you stay with us again please let me know and I will arrange for you.

Until then have only wonderful days.

457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Vista
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Hotels in the Bay Area are more pricey than in other areas. This is a fabulous historic mansion located in a residential area. While not down the street from fast food....don't we all get enough of that? The property is beautiful - fine woodwork, leaded windows, lawns for strolling.

If you have a meeting to hold this is a unique location that most of your employees would appreciate unless they like being down down.

The restaurant is good...not fantastic but good. Most of the meals are served buffet style and for the Gluten Free Folks there are lots of options including gluten free baked goods at breakfast.

Room Tip: I would request a room in the actual historic mansion vs. the added buildings they have had to add o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful review and your comments on all the wonderful reasons to stay at the Dolce Hayes Mansion.

We are proud to be the gem that is a great place to stay for leisure as well as the preferred venue for meetings.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Dolce for a week while working in the Bay Area. While a little south of our productions, we found it to be a very nice hotel. Beautiful grounds. An excellent heated patio with soft furniture.

The main lobby is historic, while the rest of the hotel is new. There's a nice park adjacent for morning walks. Breakfast was good. Lots of weddings, parties etc here, so I wouldn't consider it a place for a personal retreat. Room was average, but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to write a review for our property. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself and that we were able to provide you with a pleasant atmosphere during a work trip.

Best wishes to you until we see you again.
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went to a wedding in the area and stayed at the Hayes. My family loved it. The hotel grounds are beautiful , the staff is very friendly and the park across the hotel is amazing. My nine year old loved the pool and chasing squirrels in the park. Although there were parties in the next room the noise level was very minimal. The walls are not thin like most hotels and overall we would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the San Jose area.

Room Tip: Definitely get the jr. suite if traveling with kids. They'll have their separate room and tv.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Your review explains the essence of our goal, to create a great experience and memory for our guests.

Thank you for mentioning all the wonderful things to do.

Wishing you a wonderful everything.

Allen Anderson
mesa, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Definitely stay here, for the beautiful grounds, wonderful friendly staff, delicious food, comfortable beds, etc.
I was hesitant to stay here on a 2 week business trip because some of the other reviews mentioned too much noise. Okay, I work as a travel nurse and my schedule is all over the place, sometime reporting to the hospital by 5 am, so I need to sleep when I am in bed. My room is in the ballroom, right above the wedding space. I could not hear a thing this past Saturday night with the party going on below me. I slept very well every night I stayed here.
The food is amazing, a breakfast buffet every morning that begins at 6:30 am, the only advice I would give for the meals is to ask for your check at the start of your buffet so that you can leave in a hurry if you need to get to work. There are not that many servers, so they may take a while to get back to you. The servers are all very friendly and helpful.
I also ate in the Silver Creek dining room several times, super yummy food.
I am so happy that I chose to stay here over a nearby Marriott, this was a luxury hotel experience for a good rate that included breakfast. I personally am not into the free for all breakfasts I have had in other hotels where they use styrofoam plates and nothing looks fresh or appealing.
All of the food at the Dolce is prepared that day and it was so yummy.
I will miss this place because it feels like home away from home.
Thanks Dolce!!
xoxoxox

Room Tip: I stayed in the ballroom on the 3rd floor, the elevators are very slow, just take the stairs if you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful exprience with everyone. It is so rewarding to know that we are creating a lasting positive memory with our guests. All of your comments will be forwarded to the staff so they can enjoy them as well.

We wish you a fantastic everything.

Sincerely

Allen Anderson
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were there a week ago to celebrate a family member's birthday. We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights, 3 of them in the same room. The people at Hayes made the stay wonderful from Pavel at the front desk (he is a customer service super rock star) to the wait staff in the Silver Creek dining area who made our birthday lunch a little extra special. I enjoyed the pool and the wife enjoyed the gym. We enjoyed exploring the house and grounds and learning its history. The only downsides were the wear and tear in Rm 171 with the cracks in the bathroom tile and damaged vanity. It looked worse for wear. Desiring a better view of the mansion we moved to a smaller upstairs room on the 4th night. Though smaller, it wasn't as worn looking.

Room Tip: If the two queen bed room is the same price as 1 queen, go for 2 queens for a bigger room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We held a conference here in June. The facilities were fine, but the staff is spread too thin to provide attention to detail. I've had quite a few events at the Ritz and Hyatt, so my expectations for service may be high. This being said, there were numerous snafus, such as food being placed with incorrect nameplates (e.g., "chocolate dipping sauce" put out for fondue was actually caramel sauce.I asked about it and the told me that they ran out of chocolate sauce and just substituted - no notification or apology, just a substandard substitution). Food and plates were also left out for hours after service. Most facilities clear the area once the meal service is complete. On the first day of the conference, three toilets in the women's restroom overflowed. I understand that they plumbing is old, but was surprised to see that it took abut 3 hours before management sent a service person out to fix them. The conference rooms downstairs in the center are stuffy. They keep them closed between usage for security reasons, but they really need to be aired out. Just before an evening event, an attendee's car was broken into. We asked the event coordinator if security would be patrolling the parking lot. Her response was that they share the parking lot with a local park and could not be responsible for cars in he parking lot. The tone of her response was unsatisfactory from a customer service perspective. Outside of all of these issues, we would likely host a conference there again, as the options in San Jose are frankly just not that great. The facility is extremely photogenic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Your review is very important to us thank you very much for taking the time let us know about your experience.

We will look into all the details of your review and ensure we address all deficiencies in the area you mentioned.

I apologize for your for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us.

Been to Dolce Hayes Mansion? Share your experiences!