“Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Even though in a shopping center strip mall, a great place for breakfast or lunch. Love the retro-like atmosphere. VERY good service, everyone friendly. Delicious food, lots to choose from, reasonable pricing. Every time I visit San Jose, I want to eat here.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thousand Oaks
“Perfect nostalgic diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had breakfast at the Cafe San Jose. This is a small diner that is in a strip mall tucked away in a corner. I felt like I stepped back in time with lovely pictures of San jose from years past on the walls. This is the kind of place that the servers know almost every patron by name. Basic, good food at a great price, but the kitchen table feeling simply can't be replicated. fantastic.

Visited October 2013
San Jose
“Breakfast with flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

All the small restaurants should quake in their boots if Cafe San Jose moves to Lincoln Ave. The breakfast was flavorful, freshly cooked and solid service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Just right every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I have been going here for years now. We love everyone who works at the Cafe and the food is very good!

Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“Overpriced for what it is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had read several great reviews of this place so my sister and I finally decided to give it a go. I was disappointed. I had French toast that was rather boring and my sister had a waffle that looked incredibly plain. The "fresh fruit" was certainly not the sort I'd picked up just the day before at the Farmer's Market nearby.

Mostly the service was poor (I felt as if we might have been an imposition or something. Maybe one has to call ahead? Maybe it was just an off day?) and the noise was so loud we had to nearly yell to hear one another. I'm sorry, but I won't be returning. For that price I could get a much better deal at some other local places.

• Visited September 2013