You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Shoreview, United States
“Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Newly renovated room was beautiful. Front desk staff very helpful. No elevator so request 1st floor room if you do not want to climb stairs. Great hotel shuttle service. Rooms seem smaller than other Homewood Suites I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Homewood Suites appear to cater to business travelers, but our family had a great stay here over the weekend. What family wouldn't be pleased with a two-room suite with two TVs and a nice kitchen area? The free WiFi is fast and the breakfast is outstanding with plenty of room to sit - a huge plus. The location is easy to get to and close to major freeways, and the staff was extremely courteous/helpful.

The only thing that prevented me from giving this property an excellent review was the fitness center, which is not much larger than the men's restroom and only has a few exercise options. Worse yet, the lone treadmill wasn't even working during our stay. It's so beautiful in the Bay Area, I suppose I should've taken the hint and just gone for a long hike, but it was surprising that such a large hotel wouldn't have a better fitness center.

Other than that, everything was outstanding and we would definitely stay again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stay at many Homewood Suites. But this one has to be towards the bottom of the list. A couple of my Co workers warned me about staying here. I was located in building 5 first floor. The staff is friendly and the usual complimentary meals are nice. But the rooms are dated. The carpet is filthy, had to wear shoes or socks in which my white socks became stained black on the bottom. Ended up buying a pair of sandals to wear. The housekeeping is definitely lacking. Found leftover kibbles and bits dog food on the kitchen floor. and carpet, There was a smell of a dog in the room, as well.

I definitely would not want to stay here again. I know that there are many high marks here for reviews, but mine isn't one of them.

Room Tip: This is a dog friendly hotel, so if you do not like the smell of pet odor or find some dog hair tha...
Snoqualmie, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at this Homewood Suites for two nights while visiting San Jose. Based on the excellent trip review ratings, we chose this property. Initially, we were very disappointed. The location is in a business park area (great for business meetings, but we were on a family vacation), and behind a strip mall. Our room was very clean, but not in the best of shape - worn and ripped carpet, worn furniture, and in need of updating. There was a very strong sanitizing chemical type oder that burned our eyes after being in the room for several minutes. When I asked if we could be moved to another room, the front desk person said that we were in the last room available for that night. She did everything possible to help the situation, including asking the housekeepers to put some fans in the room to air it out. The next morning I spoke to the manager and she was also very helpful and asked the housekeepers to work on eliminating the oder and by the time we returned to our room that evening it was much better. The manager also added 15K points to my Hilton Honors account. The price of the room was excellent - $159 for a King Suite. The other hotels in the area are much more expensive. The good news is, they are doing major renovations. I think once they have all their rooms updated, this will be a top notch property. The staff and management are excellent.

Redondo Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff was great and the complimentary food was awesome but the rooms are outdated and the rates are very pricey. It is a good location and it is close to several freeways. There are lots of restaurants that are within wallking distance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been living at this Homewood Suites since last September, and had planned on staying through the end of this year. Overall it is a good hotel, with decent rates and good amenities. I would have given them five stars, however I was notified this morning that they are effectively kicking me out because they cannot extend me past July 24th. A couple of months ago I spoke with the front desk and told them that I would likely be staying through the end of the year, and they said no problem, just let them know when I'll be leaving. But now I have to find a new place to live. This is very disappointing, as I am a loyal Hilton Diamond member, and have literally paid this hotel tens of thousands of dollars over the past year. I guess Marriott will be getting my business now.

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

All of the staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful. Had an issue with the refrigerator not working properly and it was taken care of immediately by maintenance. I had a follow up call from the front desk to be sure that maintenance came and that they had fixed the problem to my satisfaction.