“Great place to stay in San Jose.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% Weekend Savings
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Victoria MN USA
“Great place to stay in San Jose.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The suite was very large, clean and quiet. Having stayed in San Jose in the past, this place was the best! Stay awayf rom the Doubletree in San Jose on the weekends and stay here. Make sure you leave one room for me. We loved this place. Breakfast is an added plus while staying here. Plenty of parking space at no charge. Restaurants are right next door, so you do not have to drive.

Room Tip: I think all are excellent. Some have fireplaces.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Luis R, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear WAtraveler75,

We appreciate your feedback and kind words and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to San Jose!

Luis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been to this property on 2 occasions for business and I enjoy the comfort, home feel and has a fully equipped kitchen.

The dim lighting in passages needs to changed, The property and room interior is very clean, quiet, safe and gives a very private feel.

The advantage is its exterior room entrance, which makes business/visits by colleagues more comfortable to conduct without being scrutinized by front desk Managers.

The staff and management are also friendly and efficient and give personal attention. I would highly recommend this property for Business travelers, family alike, I look forward to my next stay at Homewood suites

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms in the 4th, & 5th Wing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Modesto, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been to this property on several occasions for business and leisure. Each room varies its floorplan and the hotel has always met my room/bed size needs. I enjoy the 'home' feel and comforts along with a fully equipped kitchenette while still having an upscale setting in which to conduct business. The dim lighting in some areas and heating leaves a bit to be desired (or perhaps it is insulation efficiency), however, there is a heating/cooling unit in each room which is a bonus. The property and room interior has always been clean, quiet and safe. The rooms always seem very private and it's rare to hear adjacent room noise. Interior doors between bedrooms and living areas allow additional privacy for conducting business. An exterior room entrance makes business more comfortable to conduct without associates being scrutinized by front desk agents. The staff and management stand by their 100% satisfaction guarantee. They are also friendly and efficient and give personal attention. I highly recommend this property, which seems to be in a quiet, low-traffic location. Unlike most airport hotel locations, I cannot say that I've heard one airplane while inside the comforts of my suite. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: There are many room layouts/floorplans to meet your business travel, solo, or family's needs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Surrey, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a return visit after my last extended stay in August 2012. The accommodations are great. Both times I had spacious clean 1 bdrm units with kitchen facilities. One complaint would be the kitchen area is a little dark and could be improved with better lighting. Also, I did not have use of a vehicle and, other than the nearby strip mall, there is nothing except tech companies within walking distance. A car is essential for getting around unless you have time to use the light rail or bus services. The area is quiet and I felt totally safe as a single female. The hotel staff were helpful and pleasant and offered a gift card for compensation when I alerted them to the strange annoying buzzing sound heard every time the unit phone line was used. I used the business center frequently and it was always clean and and readily available. Overall, this is a good place to stay if you are planning to be in the area for an extended period of time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Monmouth, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a very large group with kids and we were very pleased with our rooms. I was expecting to be disappointed because I was unable to upgrade to 2 Room Suites, based on HHonors status, when I called earlier in the day. But our one room double bed suites were huge and they had fireplaces. They have a door to the bedroom and another door to the bathroom area (and another to the toilet). This means people sleeping in the bedroom and the people sleeping on the sofa bed never have to be bothered by those in the large bathroom (I wish Embassy Suites were designed like this). We didn't get there in time for the free dinner but the breakfast was great. The sausages were EXCELLENT. They had snacks available when we arrived late. Staff were great. And. The shuttle to the airport was quick and easy. Well done.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very dark rooms, even with lights on. It also had a old musty smell with a hint of pine sol. I checked out as soon as I got there. My son has allergies and this was not the place for him. The only plus here is the front desk staff. Extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodsuitesS, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi 49erFan3,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered when you checked into our hotel. Unfortunately, California has new efficiency standards regarding light bulbs which in turn save energy and help the environment. We've had to replace least efficient incandescent bulbs with more efficient ones. The downside is they do take a minute to warm up and become brighter but once they do, they are just as bright.

Allergies are very difficult and painful, luckily, we do take precautions when informed ahead of time of your arrival. We try our very best to accommodate every single guest. Hopefully you can visit us soon giving us a 2nd chance to make everything better, maybe when the new San Francisco 49er stadium opens just a couple of minutes away from us.

Maria Larios
Sales Manager
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This property is located in San Jose - close to the San Jose airport (they have a shuttle), it's also close to the 101 freeway (about 45 minutes from SF, close to silicon valley). The property is unique from other homewood suites we have been to. They have multiple 4-unit buildings with 2 story units with 4 hotel rooms in each unit. 2 rooms on each floor. As others have mentioned, the second floor units are difficult if you have a lot of luggage. The first floor units are convenient but the rooms are less well lit due to the way the buildings have been designed.

The rooms are standard. The 1 bedroom suites have a bedroom with LCD flat panel, bathrooms are adequately sized, plenty of closet space. The rooms are separated with a door with a separate living room area. There is a frig, microwave, dishwasher, small stove top, and sink. These rooms are smaller than others we've been to but it's the bay area and land is at a premium.

Breakfast spread was nice (eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, yogurt, hash browns, breads/pastries). we did not go to the evening dinner that they have. For those who are not familiar with the area, this location is far from San Francisco if that's your objective. With bad traffic on the 101 , it is about an hour. It is close to the SJC airport, and they do have a shuttle.

This is a nice property, rooms are a bit dark but we did not spend much time in our hotel rooms.
Those traveling with young kids or families, this is a nice set up.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose-Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!