“Private, Quiet, Spacious, Safe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 West Trimble Road, San Jose, CA 95131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA - Save Up to 10% Off
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Private, Quiet, Spacious, Safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been to this property on 2 occasions for business and I enjoy the comfort, home feel and has a fully equipped kitchen.

The dim lighting in passages needs to changed, The property and room interior is very clean, quiet, safe and gives a very private feel.

The advantage is its exterior room entrance, which makes business/visits by colleagues more comfortable to conduct without being scrutinized by front desk Managers.

The staff and management are also friendly and efficient and give personal attention. I would highly recommend this property for Business travelers, family alike, I look forward to my next stay at Homewood suites

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms in the 4th, & 5th Wing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Modesto, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been to this property on several occasions for business and leisure. Each room varies its floorplan and the hotel has always met my room/bed size needs. I enjoy the 'home' feel and comforts along with a fully equipped kitchenette while still having an upscale setting in which to conduct business. The dim lighting in some areas and heating leaves a bit to be desired (or perhaps it is insulation efficiency), however, there is a heating/cooling unit in each room which is a bonus. The property and room interior has always been clean, quiet and safe. The rooms always seem very private and it's rare to hear adjacent room noise. Interior doors between bedrooms and living areas allow additional privacy for conducting business. An exterior room entrance makes business more comfortable to conduct without associates being scrutinized by front desk agents. The staff and management stand by their 100% satisfaction guarantee. They are also friendly and efficient and give personal attention. I highly recommend this property, which seems to be in a quiet, low-traffic location. Unlike most airport hotel locations, I cannot say that I've heard one airplane while inside the comforts of my suite. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: There are many room layouts/floorplans to meet your business travel, solo, or family's needs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Surrey, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a return visit after my last extended stay in August 2012. The accommodations are great. Both times I had spacious clean 1 bdrm units with kitchen facilities. One complaint would be the kitchen area is a little dark and could be improved with better lighting. Also, I did not have use of a vehicle and, other than the nearby strip mall, there is nothing except tech companies within walking distance. A car is essential for getting around unless you have time to use the light rail or bus services. The area is quiet and I felt totally safe as a single female. The hotel staff were helpful and pleasant and offered a gift card for compensation when I alerted them to the strange annoying buzzing sound heard every time the unit phone line was used. I used the business center frequently and it was always clean and and readily available. Overall, this is a good place to stay if you are planning to be in the area for an extended period of time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Monmouth, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a very large group with kids and we were very pleased with our rooms. I was expecting to be disappointed because I was unable to upgrade to 2 Room Suites, based on HHonors status, when I called earlier in the day. But our one room double bed suites were huge and they had fireplaces. They have a door to the bedroom and another door to the bathroom area (and another to the toilet). This means people sleeping in the bedroom and the people sleeping on the sofa bed never have to be bothered by those in the large bathroom (I wish Embassy Suites were designed like this). We didn't get there in time for the free dinner but the breakfast was great. The sausages were EXCELLENT. They had snacks available when we arrived late. Staff were great. And. The shuttle to the airport was quick and easy. Well done.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very dark rooms, even with lights on. It also had a old musty smell with a hint of pine sol. I checked out as soon as I got there. My son has allergies and this was not the place for him. The only plus here is the front desk staff. Extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodsuitesS, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi 49erFan3,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered when you checked into our hotel. Unfortunately, California has new efficiency standards regarding light bulbs which in turn save energy and help the environment. We've had to replace least efficient incandescent bulbs with more efficient ones. The downside is they do take a minute to warm up and become brighter but once they do, they are just as bright.

Allergies are very difficult and painful, luckily, we do take precautions when informed ahead of time of your arrival. We try our very best to accommodate every single guest. Hopefully you can visit us soon giving us a 2nd chance to make everything better, maybe when the new San Francisco 49er stadium opens just a couple of minutes away from us.

Maria Larios
Sales Manager
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This property is located in San Jose - close to the San Jose airport (they have a shuttle), it's also close to the 101 freeway (about 45 minutes from SF, close to silicon valley). The property is unique from other homewood suites we have been to. They have multiple 4-unit buildings with 2 story units with 4 hotel rooms in each unit. 2 rooms on each floor. As others have mentioned, the second floor units are difficult if you have a lot of luggage. The first floor units are convenient but the rooms are less well lit due to the way the buildings have been designed.

The rooms are standard. The 1 bedroom suites have a bedroom with LCD flat panel, bathrooms are adequately sized, plenty of closet space. The rooms are separated with a door with a separate living room area. There is a frig, microwave, dishwasher, small stove top, and sink. These rooms are smaller than others we've been to but it's the bay area and land is at a premium.

Breakfast spread was nice (eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, yogurt, hash browns, breads/pastries). we did not go to the evening dinner that they have. For those who are not familiar with the area, this location is far from San Francisco if that's your objective. With bad traffic on the 101 , it is about an hour. It is close to the SJC airport, and they do have a shuttle.

This is a nice property, rooms are a bit dark but we did not spend much time in our hotel rooms.
Those traveling with young kids or families, this is a nice set up.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

WHY SOMETIMES IT MAKES GOOD SENSE TO GO BACK AND GIVE A PLACE A SECOND CHANCE:

Usually I use Priceline and at 3-1/2 stars can get into the Hilton or Hyatt. This time, I opted to give this property another chance after a one-off freak incident where something I'd had on a table was mistaken for "trash" by maid -service several years ago.

Wow - now this place has moved into almost first place.

The SUITE - WOW-WOW-WOW!!!

I was given a two-bedroom (with bedroom doors that shut) ground -floor suite (this is an all-suite property) - maybe 1100 sq. ft. in size. Each bedroom had its own private bath. One room had a queen bed, the other a double. The living room couch also is a sleeper sofa.
Each bedroom had its own tv, in addition to the living room tv.

The full-sized living room with an area dining room had a couch and chair in very good condition with a floor lamp and coffee table, and side table with a lamp.

Wood-burning fireplace - complete with burning chips in a bag - all ready to go. I had problems with getting the fire started, so a maintenance guy came over to start the fire - and didn't wait for a tip.

The full-sized kitchen with full-sized refrigerator, appliances like a toaster, coffee maker, and a dishwasher, made it easy to re-heat or cook meals here. They even leave popcorn for you to make up in the microwave.

Full huge breakfast buffet was included with the room, at the clubhouse. The clubhouse also has a gym, and a business center if you need to use the computer. Internet access comes with your room, as well.

During the week, they also offer you dinner as well. You can have it to go to re-heat in your kitchen if you want.

Oh - did you say "groceries"? The staff will shop your groceries for you - free - and you just pay the grocery bill - no mark up! The grocery list to fill out is waiting for you in the kitchen.

The property has a pool and a jacuzzi, too. In this case, I was about a one minute walk to my car and about the same to the pool and jacuzzi area entrance gate.

There are small patio areas with a chair in front of each room on the lower ground floors.

Parking is free.

Property offers FREE SHUTTLE to and from San Jose Airport - AND - to areas attractions within about a 10 minute distance from hotel. I had an event up a couple freeway exits on the 101 at the Great America Pky exit and if I had not had my car, they said they would provide free transportation to and from, had I wanted it. I drove since parking was only $5 where I was going. If you are going to the Tech Convention Center or Great America theme park, this might be a nice option.

LOVE Thai food? The strip shopping mall on property has the most amazing Thai restaurant -- high end quality with lower end pricing. For $28 I got Tom Kat Gai soup, a green curry, salad rolls and jasmine tea - - and took enough back to my kitchen to make another -additional - four full meals. Pretty nice. This food is "addictive"! By far, it is the "best Thai food" I have had anywhere. I haven't stopped thinking about it a month later. This tiny owner managed and owner cooking place should have a line out its door -- yet seems to not have been discovered by many, yet.

There is also a Carl's Jr (not one of the best - I'm used to a more extensive menu) and also I think an East Indian sit-down small restaurant as well, I think, on the strip mall property.

Need the ATM - - Bank of America is right across the street.

BART system is walking distance.

Room Tip: No bad suites here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodsuitesS, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hi there Waystation_49! I want to thank you for coming back and giving our hotel a second chance. You said correctly, it does make good sense to give a place a second chance and the outcome was better than expected. I apologize for what happend to you several years ago with an item of yours and I assure you it won't happen again.

As of recently, we have renovated the property, making the Homewood Suites even homier than it was before. We are your "Home Away from Home" and always will be.

We've become more eco-friendly and I'm glad you noticed with the burning chips in a bag. You can actually turn the fire place on during "Save the Air" days because these chips are eco-friendly.

Again, thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites San Jose Airport and we are looking forward to having you back when you visit San Jose or any city nearby.

Regards,
Doyle O'Neil
GM

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!