“Staff paid attention to details” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Ottawa, Canada
“Staff paid attention to details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I forgot my electric tooth brush charger when I left the hotel. I called a couple days later and the area operations manager was able to ship it back to me (international shipping). I kind of expected them to take down my information, tell me they would ship it and never see that charger again. To my surprise I got the charger back. Not a huge deal overall but I thought they went the extra mile to make sure I enjoyed my experience.
The room was clean, spacious and convenient (stove, fridge, pots, pans, utensils).
The breakfast was average (probably my fault since I usually wait until the last minute = less options).
Overall, very happy with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your great stay at Extended Stay America San Jose Airport. It’s very nice to hear that our hotel and staff took care of your needs during your stay and that it carried on after your departure. We will indeed make every effort to re-unite a guest with a forgotten item whenever possible. We know that all travelers at one time or another leave items behind and we definitely want to be sure we get those back to our valued guests. We will be sure to pass on your thanks and ours the Area Manager for his quick response to your needs. We hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area in the future. With much thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is the second time we have reserved a King bed and even had a written confirmation for a King, but upon arrival were told there were only Queens available. I guess they figure that once you are physically there, you will just acquiesce. The man checking us in was blasé' about our complaint and even tried to charge us the King rate for the Queen downgrade. Won't stay at Extended Stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe San Jose - Downtown. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

As an extended stay lodging company, we have many guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. We work hard to prevent these changes from affecting other guests. However, in extremely rare cases like yours, a sudden increase in guests extending their stays without notice can cause a shortage of room types available for arriving guests.

Windsor, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This may not be a 4 or 5 star hotel but my room was clean - the amenities were everything that I needed and the staff went above and beyond to help me. Basically I was stranded in San Jose when my husband had an accident and was admitted to a San Jose hospital in intensive care. I needed a hotel without any idea of how long I might be there and Extended Stay America met the criteria - I needed more than just a hotel room so I could have a meal late at night after being at the hospital all day - it was clean and I felt safe. At one point my husband was released and we went back to the hotel - he had an emergency and the staff called 911 for me and the manager offered to drive me to the hospital and gave me contact information in case I needed assistance.The staff (from maids to the desk clerks) helped me find what I needed in an unfamiliar area ... and helped me return my rental car and drove me to the hospital for transport to the airport with my husband when the time arrived. It may not be 5 star but their customer service to me was outstanding.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe San Jose - Downtown. Please let me first say that I hope your husband is doing much better after his accident and is recovering nicely.

Our hotel and staff is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for days, weeks or even months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Our management and staff practice professionalism and compassion with each guest they encounter. I am so delighted that you were pleased with our efforts to be accomodating during your stressful time.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location." We can be reached at 408-453-3000 day and night.

Once again our sincerest thanks and appreciation.

With Hospitality
The Management at Extended Stay America-San Jose Airport
Corby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in Sept. I didn't expect five star or even 4 star but everything was very basic. The storage space is very small which meant I had to keep half of my clothes in my suitcase. The kitchen was very small and it only had a two ring hob and no oven, except a microwave. The utensils and crockery were limited which made it difficult to cook anything decent.

I will not be staying at this one again and I hope that not all of the Extended Hotels are like this one or the next few months will be very uncomfortable.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Neil - Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the additional items that you find at other hotels. Our rooms are equipped with the basic kitchen items a guest may need during a stay, and should a guest require something more than is provided in the room, we often are able to provide what is requested .

If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or by calling the hotel directly. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area or that of any of our other hotels nationwide.
Menlo Park, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for 8 days in July, 2012. The first room they gave us had a broken airconditioner, which at first the staff insisted was just SLOW to cool the room. I believed her and unwisely unpacked. 3 hours later the room was still very hot, they had to move us to another room. (2 days later, I heard another guest complaining that his room's airconditioner was not working. Yep, you guessed right. They gave him the SAME room, knowing full well the AC was not working.) The pillows were stinking! Apparently, nobody changed the filthy pillowcases in our room. They do NOT have protective pillow covers in this hotel so beware of smelly pillows. I asked for extra pillowcases so I could double them. The sheets are never ironed & are very crumpled so you get the feeling you are always sleeping on unclean sheets. I would smell them everytime they gave me a "new" one.
It is terribly understaffed. There was usually only one receptionist on duty so we had to wait to replenish supplies (dishwashing soap, towels, etc.). The dishwasher in our room was filthy and broken. Staff promised to send a repairman several times - which they never did. The elevator takes forever so we would take the stairs all the time, which was depressing since the stairs are not clean. I told the receptioninst to have the area cleaned. Didn't happen.
Breakfast was pathetic. It was pure junk. Even the eggs were not real and full of fillers. So we cooked breakfast in the room. Besides the bad food, we weren't keen on eating from styrofoam plates anyway The breakfast room was not airconditioned so you can imagine how hot it gets in the summer.
Trash would accumulate near the garbage bin next to the elevator before they were collected. No sign at all that re-cycling happens in this hotel.
There is a swimming pool and it was fairly clean so that was one thing I enjoyed. Hardly anyone swam.I suspect the reason for this is that the clientele, mostly very green looking Indian software programmers visiting the valley on business. really never swam. (They mostly stared at the few of us who did swim!)
Smokers sometimes did smoke around the pool area and I had to ask them to leave. Which they did. Non-smoking SIGNS would remedy this problem. Smoking near the ENTRANCE should not be allowed either (like in most hotels) because the smoke then gets into the lobby.
Pets are allowed and since cleanliness is questionable here, just beware of fleas. My husband jumped out of bed once, bitten by either a flea or a tick. We left the day after.

There are safe deposit boxes in the reception area. We asked for a key but never really used the box because we realized early on that it would take FOREVER to get anything out of that box, since there was usually only one receptionist on duty. Frequently, there was no one at all at the reception desk!

A good concept but this terribly mismanaged hotel is NOT worth staying in. Even if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Looks like the best rooms are those overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Lenny,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Beccles, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you want somewhere to stay for more than a week and are on a budget this is the place to go in San Jose. Complete room with all the facilities for a couple or family and at a reasonable price. Cooker, fridge, television, free internet, breakfast etc.. all there and adequate.

Like anywhere in the Valley you need a car, there is little to do around the hotel and few restaurants within reasonable walking distance.

Children friendly, quiet and peaceful. Overall a young crowd, probably engineers working in one of the startups around San Jose with young families.

If you need clean sheets and towels every day this is not for you - four towels for a week and a sheet change once a week unless you pay a $5 surcharge per day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stephen,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Jose - Downtown. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Granada Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great location and easy access. Staff very helpful. There is a pet fee and they charge tax on top of it. Beware

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates. Guests are welcome to bring their four-legged friends, at a cost of $25 per night, not to exceed $150 for any single stay. This fee enables us to properly clean a room that hosted a pet based on how long the room was occupied. We know that after a week the cost to clean a room usually doesn't change, which is why we set the cap at $150. We regularly monitor our competitors to ensure that we have the most compelling value for our guests with pets. I do take very seriously feedback like yours on our pet fee.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Airport? Share your experiences!