“Very nice and clean,” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126   |
Ranked #45 of 72 hotels in San Jose
“Very nice and clean,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is the place you want to stay!!! Safe quite and conveinyent to the highway, Amtrak, And all my shopping needs. The rooms have shower hot tub combination. Dish T. V. And on the Main metro route. I will stay at Valley Inn,Whenever I'm in San Jose Calif. The price is fair. The management very helpful. This summer my travels took me from Daytona beach Florida to San Jose California and the Valley Inn was the most acomidateing.

• Stayed September 2012

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Service is excellent and the manager is anxious to please. He made me a pot of coffee at 6:30pm without even being asked. rooms are clean and well appointed with a fridge and microwave and sooo many cable channels. Air conditioning works well and is very quiet. We were able to bring our dog without any extra charge as well. We are very happy with our accomodations and I can`t imagine why anyone would have anything to complain about. I would definitely recommend Valley Inn to anyone looking for a clean, inexpensive hotel room.

Room Tip: All rooms appear about the same. very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Valley Inn may not be the Marriott or the Hilton in appearance but it has been exactly what I've wanted for my solo travel stays in San Jose on two occasions (and I am planning another stay here in September). The mattresses in both rooms on both stays were excellent, not too hard, not too soft, and seemed new. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the rooms on both occasions. It's important to me that I be able to open the windows, which one can here to let in the fresh air. I found the management to be helpful and approachable. I loved the privacy and felt safe (I'm a single woman traveling alone). One can hear the traffic on the Alameda but the walls are sturdy and it's not disturbing. I've never slept so well in a motel! The Valley Inn reminds me of my childhood trips with my parents and it retains some of that old fashioned roughness. Don't expect amenities and the fancy stuff. But for those who just want a comfortable, quiet, safe and private place to stay, I totally recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a nonsmoking room away from the smoking rooms, if you don't smoke. Sometimes the smoke f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

Folks, the family owned Valley Inn, is the foremost Hotel, for Business men, contractors, families, and with the Jacuzzi suite, amorous couples.
The interior is semi spacious, utterly spotless, impeccably well appointed, in terms of amenities, for price. 5 Hbo channels, and a plethora of other premium channels. A built in guide allows you to simultaneously surf channel programming while watching, and set Reminders.
Good microfridges, ice machine and microwaves.
Wonderfully clean tubs with consistent hot water and avante garde hygiene products.
No Drugs or jaded activity, makes this, hands down, the best of San Jose.

• Stayed October 2011
Placerville, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Our stay was so unsatisfactory that we left in the middle of the night. The mattress was so broken down it felt like a 600 lbs. man had been sleeping in the same spot for over a year and had left a permanent hole for future patrons to sink into. Three days later we're still having back problems from a terrible mattress and a terrible nights sleep (or lack thereof).
On check-in we asked which rooms were available because we didn't want to get the room next to our uncle. His snoring sounds like a chainsaw and is perfectly audible, usually through at least 2 walls. Management told us that the 3 rooms to the right of his were available, so we took the furthest from his room.
Several of the other rooms in the hotel were occupied by family who told us that management replaced the mattress in our room and a few of the other rooms the next morning.
When we contacted management by phone they refused to even give us a partial refund or discounted stay for next time. They said that they did not replace any mattresses in the hotel and that ours was the only room available that night.
Although we requested a refund, a simple apology would have brought us back to the hotel because of its convenient location, however, the outright lies given to us over the phone only compounded our frustration. We will never be staying there again.

• Liked — Located a few blocks from the event we were there to attend.
  • Disliked — Worst mattress I've ever slept on (and I used to sleep on a mattress I found on the street in college) and dishonest management.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

We stayed 2 nights @ the Valley Inn in July 2006, we were there for Moto GP and flew in and out of San Jose. I found this place on Hotels.com and contacted them directly to book. Price was fair, property was horrible! We arrived really late @ night, got lost, the owners who live on sight we asleep and were not answering the phone, we stood outside trying to wake them up for 45 minutes before we were able to check. (just to clarify I did let the owner know we would be arriving late in the evening)

Once checked in we went to the room and we were disgusted. The room was hot, and I mean hot, muggy, & smelledof mildew. The sheets were mismatched and stained, the carpet was dark green with stains and bald spots throughout. The bathroomhad 2 towels (there was 3 of us) and the towels we the size of wash cloths. Shower had no water pressure, no tollietries were provided in the room. Air conditioner was at the same height as the bed closest to it, so when we had it on to try and cool the room, the person in that bed would freeze because the air was blowing right on them!

All in all, hated it, also it was in a bad area, close to the airport, yes, but kind of scary neighborhood. My advice, look somewhere else, don't be cheap, pay a little more for a better product.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Odessa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Stayed here in June 2006. We were pleasantly surprised! I was a little nervous for the price - afraid of too good to be true. However, the room was nice, clean, roomy with a jacuzzi tub. They serve a "light" supper (salisbury steak the night we were there) & full breakfast included in the price. Not gourmet but good. Very close to the airport. Convenient for early morning departures which is why we chose it. Helpful staff. Printed our boarding passes for us. I'd definitely book this one again.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Valley Inn? Share your experiences!