“Love this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Gabriel
Calgary, Canada
“Love this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Love this hotel. I have been in LA many times, and always looking for good Asian Food. This hotel located at heart of san Gabriel, and is surrounding by all Asian shopping mall, bank and restaurant. You can just stay there full day by walking.

Parking is not free, $5 per day for self park. Free wifi. This is a very busy hotel, and always fully booked. A bit higher price, compare to other hotels in same area.

If you are Chinese, their staff can speak fluent Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese. Great customer service. Nice outdoor pool and good size gym.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate you pointing out the many great things that our area has to offer. We have become very popular with the Asian Community and for all travelers that are looking for an ethnic flair to there trips.

Carl Bolte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a fabulous hotel, with unmatched service. It is tucked away unobtrusively a few blocks off the freeway, but as soon as I walked inside I was impressed by the beautiful huge lobby and tasteful architecture, and the room was first rate. I called the hotel from the airport to let them know my plane arrived late. When I finally made it to the hotel I was met at the front desk and whisked away to the lounge for a complimentary cocktail while they kept the kitchen open half an hour late just to make me dinner. Chatting with the waiter the next morning at breakfast I mentioned that I was lecturing at the nearby university (I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Cal State-Los Angeles) and the next thing I knew they brewed me a special tea they said had the property of keeping the mind clear. When I went to print out my boarding passes prior to check out, they did all that for me and then gave me fruit to take to the airport for something extra to eat. Throughout my stay, every need was anticipated and every whim was indulged. I am a professional who travels often, even overseas, and stays in 5-star hotels and I have never encountered better service anywhere. (Misty at the front desk deserves special recognition.) I did not expect this level of luxury and service from a neighborhood Hilton hotel, but this is an absolute gem!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for acknowleging my staff efforts on Trip Advisor. They were thrilled to take care of you and it was great to have such a wonderful person as yourself staying with us.
Please let us know when you will be coming back.

San Leandro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was greeted as soon as I had arrived at the hotel lobby. The personnel at the reception desk were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable. The meeting room was very good. The price was right too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that everything went well with your meeting and we hope to see you again soon.

Sandy, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed in room 408, which is a handicap accessible room. This is a newer hotel, it is very clean and laid out well. There is easy access on and off the 10 freeway. Every member of the staff that we met - front desk, Alma; the gentleman host at the door to the breakfast room, and the maid to our room, also Alma - were exceptionally helpful and friendly. We are elderly and we noticed the extra courtesy and thoughtfulness and appreciated it. Our room was well soundproofed, we never heard a peep from either the hall, rooms next door or above, or outside. The breakfast buffet appealed to international tastes, with all the regular items - eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, juice - available, and also a chef to cook eggs to order. Salad and accoutrements and a large array of Asian breakfast items were also available. We enthusiastically recommend this hotel and plan to stay here the next time we visit the San Gabrriel/Alhambra area.

Room Tip: We thought the shower in room 408, which is handicap accessible, was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. I do appreciate you taking the time to point out the positive aspects of coming to the hotel. Thank you also for acknowledging my front desk agent Alma, Gary in the restaurant and Alma in housekeeping. It's great to see them getting recognition for their efforts. Your comments help me motive the staff to constantly look for ways to improve our service.

Racine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. the business center is just in the front of reception, but the apple computer is a little bit slow. The bath, TV, internet in the room all very good and fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your revew on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you letting us know about the speed on the Apple Computer. Our suport desk was called and they have fixed the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. I was happy to hear that the wifi in the guest rooms was working at a good speed. We recently upgraded our bandwidth as the demand in the next couple of years will definitely increase.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Olympia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am white, but my son is 1/4 Chinese. On the cab ride from the train station to this hotel, our driver said "There are a lot of Asians in San Gabriel!" Boy, he wasn't kidding. It was like going to Chinatown. We loved it. What a great treat to be able to walk steps out the door of the hotel and get authentic, non Americanized Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese food. The staff at the hotel was awesome. In the morning I wanted some orange juice to go with the yummy pastries I had purchased across the street at a Chinese bakery. They brought it to me and when I tried to pay they said "Are you a guest of the hotel?" When I said "Yes" they just handed me my orange juice and said "There's no charge." I know that sounds like a little thing, but it's little things like that that can make the difference between and average experience and a great one. Next time we want to come down to California to visit my son's favorite Airsoft store Evike (located in Alhambra) we will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for pointing out many of the positive aspects about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate seeing that my staff went above and beyond for you. I liked that you said sometimes a simple act can make all of the difference. We try to work on this to create positive memories for the guests to take with them.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked the room one month ahead for 4 people, but there were only limited supplies for 2 people. Small room but pricy. I could get a better and bigger room at the other hotels. However, there are lots of restaurant at the plaza down stair.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize that the supplies in the room were not adaquate for you. You bring up an interesting situation for us and we are putting a group together to work on it. We do put enough linen in the rooms to accomodate 4 people but some of the other amenities are limited. Our issue is "what are the additional necessay items that need to be placed into the rooms"? We are always trying to meet the guest needs and we will be working on this.

Carl Bolte

Been to Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel? Share your experiences!