“The Best Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
San Gabriel, California
“The Best Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Petrillo's Pizza is an icon. Traditionally, Pizza is my fare of choice, but their lasagna is also incredible.. I have never eaten pizza like Petrillo's anywhere else. I usually phone in my order and pick up to eat at home. Service has always been the best. You can't go wrong with Petrillo's. Have never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Clarita, California
“How do you say, "some of the best pizza I've ever had" in Chinese?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I might be slightly biased because I grew up going to this place. As a kid, it was a treat to go there on a Saturday night. The bias might be because of the nostalgia associated with it. My wife asked me what I wanted for my "birthday dinner." I told her a Family sized Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza from Petrillo's. She drove about an hour each way to get it for me and it did not disappoint (by the way...best wife ever, right?). The thick crust, premium cheese, spicy pepperoni and sausage oozing a black-licorice hint from the anise was absolutely the best meal I could have asked for. It will be my last meal of choice if I ever get the death penalty. I won't burden tax-payers with the traditional steak and lobster last dinner...give me a Petrillo's pizza instead. I guess the commute to Petrillo's could be costly from San Quentin. I digress.

Oddly enough, this place looks like it is smack dab in Hong Kong. Blind fold your date, take them to Petrillo's and you would swear that the 10 Freeway sound wall in the distance with all the graffiti is the Great Wall of China. It is one of the last remaining non-Asian, non-chain restaurants in San Gabriel.

I see some comments about rude service. Big deal...are you going there for the pizza or the service? I went to Pizzeria Regina in Boston, had rude service but had arguably the best pizza ever. I think rude waitstaff is normal for great pizza.

The pizza is a good value as well. It is heavy and really fills you up. The Family sized pizza could just about feed all of China.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Usually Great Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Generally a very good pizza place, Petrillo's special is the one to get with a variety of toppings and good quality cheese

However, ordered a one topping pizza (sausage) and had to say we were all disappointed.
Not very generous w/ topping and the taste just wasnt there this time around

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
South Pasadena, California
“Bad order and Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I ordered a large pizza thin crust pepperoni & mushroom from the phone order person and she was nothing but rude, then i am given a regular crust with sausage, the service is terrible! employees are rude!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
california
“great food a littel over priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Love this place and food, food is alittle much. but worth it