“Yummy food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Came here on Sunday for lunch for a family reunion to celebrate my aunt's 70th bday. It was packed, but we had no problem extending our reservation to 2 tables.

Ordered some dim sum and also the fancy banquet feasts and they were quite generous with the extra desserts. Well, I did shell out $870 to feed 16 adults.

Abalone, lobster, crab, chicken, beef, tofu, soup, tripe, cuttlefish, fried rice, Peking duck, and more! All yummy in my tummy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“As advertised, you can get the Alaska King crab for $6/lb when you order $50”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As advertised, you can get the Alaska King crab for $6/lb when you order $50 worth of dinner. They charge the crab for 8 lb., prepared the way you wanted. It was very good and fresh and fast. Very satisfied with the dinner. The restaurant is packed at dinner time, either go early to go late to avoid the wait

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring, Texas
“Best Dim Sum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

You can usually judge an ethnic restaurant by the percentage of patrons of that ethnicity. New Capital was filled with Chinese people - and us. There was an amazing and endless parade of carts with delicious offerings. The shu mai, cha su, kailan and kangkung were done perfectly. We particularly liked the yeast buns filled with sweet barbecue pork. Fresh noodles with shrimp, shrimp wrapped in shoestring potatoes and deep-fried, and dumplings filled with green onion/chives were different and delicious. Dessert for us was mung bean paste filled dumplings enrobed in sesame seeds and tiny egg custard tarts. It's easy to overeat in this place, but it's all so good! And it won't break the bank either.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011 via mobile

Complete chaos at this restaurant. The wait process was chaotic and makes no sense. The person was completely offended when we asked how long the wait would be. She started yelling at the customers and announced that she would like to seat everyone but cannot. The waiter inside kept pushing food that no one wants to order. Resturant cannot spilt a check. Food tastes OK but not worth the effort and the wait.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“most chaotic restaurant i've been to- skip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We probably came on the worst day possible and at the worst time possible- Sunday at 11.30a.
But this is the MOST chaotic place i've Ever been to in my LIFE and that's really saying something since I grew up in Asia and have been to Hong Kong dimsum restaurants.

The wait was 1hr 15 mins.

First, we had to grab a number downstairs, then wait 30 mins for our number to be called. And the Entire time, the crazy hostess was Screaming into the mike to tell people to pick up numbers from her. Her shrill, whiny voice almost made me want to throttle her. The impatient Fobby crowd did not help.

Then, after she called our number, we had to take a nasty elevator up to the 4th floor, where the lobby was filled with No Less than 80 people. I'm NOT exaggerating. We stood there for another 45 mins amongst more aggressive Fobby people before they called our number and we were seated.

After we were seated, I thought we'd be fine.
It's a dimsum place afterall. Surely the food carts would come by with delicious goodies and we could eat immediately.

But No.
Cart after Cart of food came...and there was Barely anything i wanted. I'm not super picky, esp when i'm hungry, but seriously...there was Nothing you would find at a typical dimsum place , like Hargou, Xiumai and the Cheongfun noodles. I mean, c'mon, these are staples.

BY this time, i was Pissed.
I'd been waiting more than an hour, I was on asthma meds, so i was extra hungry, and there was NOTHING to eat.

I finally managed to grab a plate of Deep Fried Crab Claws and pan-fried turnip cake, and they finally delivered a Xiumai plate to us. But honestly, that's all i had for lunch that day. Oh, and cream buns. Thankfully, my friends picked other dishes they liked.
What i had to eat though, tasted pretty good. I just wish they had more variety and more FOOD.
We sat there for 45 mins and there was NOTHING to eat.

Pathetic.
I'll never come back here.

• Visited January 2011