“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
California City, California
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel last week and it was great. The staff was very nice and accomidating to my needs. They were quick to help me and offer additional things. The grounds were very clean and quiet. I will definetly be returning to this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel and the pleasant experience you had while staying at Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA.
Our goal is to make each and every guests' stay pleasant and enjoyable and we appreciate your compliments.
J. Soto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I want everyone to know that my son, two siberian huskies, and i needed a hotel to stay at for about 3 month. Luckily we found the Red Roof inn San Dimas. There was 3 girls that are working there that made our stay and just the stress of finding a place to except our 2 Huskies. I thank Kesey she is super cute and always has a smile that would brighten anyones day, Lydia very help full with making are stay very pleasant, and Lisa doing her best to keeping things and smooth as possible. I also want to thank Jackie the GM she was super. At the time of me writing this review has spent days at about 8 other hotels and this is the one we love and will spend a month more till our new place in LA is ready. Also a lot of green space and walking trails right behind the building. Very peace full and pool and spa work great.

Room Tip: The wall structure in between each room is extra padded so its hard to hear whats going on next door...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and compliment my staff. Red Roof Inn is pet friendly and we are always glad to accommodate pet owners. We are glad to hear you and your son are choosing to stay with us during your transition.
G.M.
temecula, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It started off bad when we checked in around 6pm, we had requested a first floor room months ago as I can't do stairs. The lady at the counter wasn't even apologetic and as we were talking, someone checked in next to us and got a ground floor room! There is an elevator but you have to call ahead so someone with a key can meet you there to use it (completely useless). After getting up the stairs to our second story room we found the beds had not been made (no sheets) and bathtub was disgusting. Back downstairs to talk to the lady who doesn't care. She tells us we have to wait while they finish the room (hello? It's 6pm). While waiting, we discovered one of the reasons the elevator is locked - there was a prostitute trolling the parking lot and hotel. She made "rounds" every few hours the whole weekend we were there. Back up the stairs to see our room... Ewww! Totally disgusting! The carpet was black, the bathtub and bathroom were gross! We only stayed at this hotel because it was the "host" hotel for an event - otherwise we would not have stayed a single day. We kept all our belongings off the floor and bedspread! Had to put a bag over the remote control to use it and didn't touch much of anything else. Didn't even want to get near one of the pillows. Gross! Gross! Gross! The only pleasant thing I can say is that the water pressure was good. I never did get to use that elevator. This place is awful and you can tell they don't care. I wouldn't let my dog stay here.

Room Tip: Stay the heck away from here. There were lots of nicer hotels nearby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
First I would like to apologize for your experience at my hotel. I would like to personally speak to you about the experience and gather more detailed information from you so that I can speak with my staff and have this corrected.

I am not sure why we could not accommodate you with a first floor room and although another guest may have gotten a room on the first floor it doesn't mean it was the same room style as you reserved.

We do not have a guest elevator the only elevator we have is a service elevator not authorized by the state to transport anyone other than staff memebers.

There is no excuse for the room conditions and I will show your comments to my housekeeping staff and head housekeeper.

Once again please accept my apology for your inconvenience while staying at our hotel in San Dimas.

Garden Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms were very nice, all the extras. Refrigerator, microwave, wifi and coffee Maker. Rooms were very clean. Only bad part was ice machine on bottom floor not working and had to keep going upstairs to get ice.

Room Tip: Make sure and tell them what you want when booking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments you gave to my staff and their dedication to provide each and every guest a pleasant experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

OMG, where do I even begin?!!! This place was a "Diamond" in the Rough! If you want an experience that only adds to your vacation, business trip or whatever your reason, the RED ROOF INN, FAIRPLEX is where you want to stay; heck, if it were a residential community I would raise my kids there, it's just that nice! Excellent customer service...for that of us that travel frequently, you know what I mean! I have never been to a property I loved as much as this one. The Manager, Jackie...ALWAYS WILLING TO ASSIST AND MAKE IT WORTH THE STAY! She believes in a a job well done and unlike a lot a managers, has surrounded herself with a staff that feels exactly as she does. How do I know? I was here before and it was only BETTER this time! The rooms have been totally upgraded to "FABULOUS"! The grounds are still maintained, pool and hot tub are clean, housekeeping staff are pleasant...NO ATTITUDES...AMAZING! There are always things to do in the area as well. The staff are well informed, as usual, and are ready to give you the "heads up" with the current events. Shopping, food, historical sites and more are all in "SAFE" walking distance from the hotel. If you want to GREAT place to stay, it's here each and every time! Warmest regards to the staff, Lydia, Lisa, Virginia, Kelsey and Steve. I couldn't have met a nicer group of people. You have restored my faith in the HOSPITALITY industry!

By the way, go to their website and sign up for their REWARDS program. You WILL definitely stay here again and you will wish you had signed up to get those great benefits. I'm proud to say, "I'm a RED ROOF INN card carrying guy!"

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Remarkable,
Thank you for such a stellar review of our property and staff. We at Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, Ca work as a team to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant stay and continue to be repeat guests when visiting the area.
Thank you once again.
G.M.
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Kelsey,Is the greatest host! She took care of all my needs in a prompt manner.Always patient and willing to give a hand.She always has a smile,is very courteous,and very accommodating.She is definitely management material!

Lisa was also very good.

Room Tip: Rooms by the flower garden are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Steve,
Thank you for such a nice review of our property and staff. Everyone at Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA work as a team to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Kelsey, I have to say is one of the most sweetest, genuine people we encountered here. So helpful and wanted to ensure our room and stay was pleasant. It was for sure. Visiting California can be quite challenging. Our first hotel in Pasadena suddenly was not available any more and we were on a hunt to find one that wasn't too far from our destination as well as clean, quiet, and friendly, we chose this one because of the great customer service. We were here for three nights, always clean, the grounds were nice, room was quiet and couldn't hear the freeway traffic either.
Really liked Kelsey at the front desk, it's obvious she wants her customers to be treated well, this young lady deserves 5 stars!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Robin,
Thank you for your spectacular review and your compliments for Kelsey. We strive very hard to please our guests and make their stay as close to being with friends and family as possible. When you are in the San Dimas area again please stop by and let us make your next stay just as Great.
J. Soto

Been to Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex? Share your experiences!