“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Thousand Oaks, California
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Spoke to one of my Best friends about meeting up for dinner. Since I was heading back to Las Vegas, He suggested Pinnacle Peak Located on Foothill Blvd Just off San Dimas Ave/210Frwy.

It is a very Old Nostalgic Building that I must have driven past hundreds of times prior to Retiring from Los Angeles County, But never new what it was.
As you enter the building the first thing you see is thousands of Ties that unsuspecting Men wore out to Lunch or Dinner during their "First Visit" to Pinnacle Peak. Looking at some of the Neckties hanging, it is like stepping back in (Fashion) time, based on the size and Print each tie had before it was ceremoniously Separated from its owner.
We chose to sit in the bar, each ordering a drink. It was during the time our Beverages were served that I had a chance to look at the Paper bag that was the restaurants Menu.Since my old boss dined there numerous times, he knew what he was ordering; The Porterhouse Steak, I chose the Corn Fed Prime Rib. Bread and salad were delivered which were Average. Then the steaks came.
I love Steak and a good baked Potato, Ive eaten the Filet at Ruths Chris, The Rib Eye at Peter Lugers, and The Prime Rib at Lowery's, So I have been lucky enough to have dined and taken note on how a good steak should taste. The Steaks at the Peaks did not disappoint, They were large, taking up most of the free space on the plate, They were cooked to perfection with very noticeable "Diamond" Grill Marks.
Now, the taste of my Prime Rib was tasty, and tender. It went very well with the huge Baked Potato that accompanied it. However, The Porterhouse steak that my Friend ordered was unbelievably tasty and tender. It was like cutting through warm butter with a blazing hot Samurai Sword.
Not to disparage other reviewers of this restaurant, But The price was very reasonable for the cut and quality of the beef ordered, A Decent Porterhouse Steak at some of the better Restaurants will set you back at least half a "C" note, So the 29.00 Dollar Price tag attached to this steak was great value for money.
We got a side of Mushrooms, to go along with the Beans and Baked Potato that came with the meal. I can not comment on the Beans, as I did not taste them, instead devoting my time to the Prime Rib, Potato and Mushrooms.
Needless to say, we both had at least half of our meal packed up for take away, as it was next to impossible trying to devour these Flintstone sized Brontosaurous Steaks.
As we were dining, I overheard the woman seated behind me telling her server how much she enjoyed her steak.
I will definitely frequent this restaurant again, as I pass by this place at least once a week on my way back to Vegas.
I can, without reservation recommend Pinnacle Peak to anyone who has the desire for a good steak.
Other Menu Items are Ribs, Chicken, and a few other Carnivore's delight. Also, if you are a dessert lover, they seem to have a nice selection of sweets, however, I just did not have any room left. Maybe next time.. And there will most certainly be, a Next Time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glendora
“I Don't Get This Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Soupy beans and average at best steaks, i don't get it. We've tried this place on and off for the last ten years and still don't get it...it must be the ties on the ceiling that does it for people!

San Dimas, California
“Old and needs to go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food over priced and the service is terrible. The only good thing is the beans! Wouldn't recomend this place to anyone wanting a decent steak.

Visited July 2012
Temecula, California
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had New Year's Eve dinner here with friends. We enjoyed the ribs very much and the beans (served family style) were also very good. Prices seemed fair for what we received. They do not take reservations but handled the crowd efficiently. There is a bar area but it only seats about six so the waiting is either in the rather small reception area or outside where you can watch the steaks be grilled through a window.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victorville, California
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The food was ok. All the sides are purchased seperately so it can get pricey depending on what you want. Meal does come with beans, which are pretty good. Sauteed mushrooms are also pretty good. Steak wasn't very good. Service was horrible. Our waiter was only at our table a couple of times. Drinks glasses were empty for most of the night.

• Visited December 2012