“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in San Clemente
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was a little weary of booking our vacation here because I had heard a few bad things about the management and the property. It was so close to the beach, though, we couldn't resist! When we got there, the manager welcomed us, gave us a bunch of great ideas for things to do that we had never thought of when my fiance was stationed there.

The room was clean, the view was outstanding, and it was the perfect feel for a wonderful beach vacation. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book off season for the best rates!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
seahorseresort84, Guest Relations Manager at Seahorse Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks for giving us a shot! We know we can't please everyone, but we certainly do try to make all our guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

- Sea Horse

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We just had a pretty spacious studio, with a full ocean view. Our cozy queen bed faced the ocean from the bed, we had nice balcony, wonderful location a block from the pier. New flat screen TV, fridge, micro, opener, toaster and coffee maker. The owners are very helpful and considerate, chairs and beach towels there for us, they offered to make reservations at local places. My wife and I had a one night escape the week before Christmas and got a fantastic deal. Weather was perfect, but the crashing waves would have been wonderful no matter the weather. We loved walking to the pier and 5 great restaurants. About a half a mile up some pretty steep hills to get to dozens of great shops, restaurants and some pretty decent nite life. We are looking into getting a one or two bedroom which are a lot bigger for a great beach vacation with the family this summer.

Room Tip: two bedrooms have two balconies and can sleep 6 easily, one bedrooms much bigger then studio, but be...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
los angeles/palm springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Location is amazing - beautiful views of the beach. Room tired - A/C broken - Fridge broken - furniture warn - TV not progammed properly.

But smokers beware - obviously you can't smoke in the room - I have no problem with that - but they expect you to cross the street to a park. All the restaurants on the strip have ashtrays outside so that their customers can smoke on the sidewalk. Sorry - but when I'm harassed for smoking a legal product on the public sidewalk off the property - its gone too far.....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sandy ut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Do not stay here the place is nasty. Our room got robbed the last day we stay there. John don't give s### about us. We,ll never go back !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Excellent location looking over the ocean, beach and pier. Can people watch all day right from your own deck. Excellent cafe close by. You are right in amongst all the San Clemente beach action. Management was VERY friendly and helpful with local knowledge of best restaurants, best surfing, etc. The give you beach chairs and towels to use any time. We stayed in a large 2 bedroom condo on the third floor. Go to sleep listening to the waves. Very clean. Lots of room. San Clemente is a great beach town with tons to see and do, lots of great little cafes, restaurants, shops. The local wine shop is great. Can walk right across the street to the beach. Great location for a family or a group of friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Rooms are very dated. Countertops and bathroom tile are updated, but kitchen and bathroom cabinets need a definite upgrade. I didn't want to put things in drawers. Safety features not in place. Room only locks with a deadbolt (no doorknob lock) and you can only get 2 keys which was problem when people wanted to go out separately. Smoke detector in pieces (cover in a drawer) and didn't look like any worked. Doesn't appear that the rooms are maintained, only cleaned. Parking was difficult. But I would return because the location and view were so incredible. Kitchen is fully stocked with utensils, plates and cookware. Toaster, microwave and coffeepot in kitchen, but NO HAIR DRYER!! I haven't packed a hair dryer in years. I was happy to find ceiling fans.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are huge!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Initially, I planned this few night business retreat to stow away with no required distraction of the local scenery. Curiously, it fueled my spirit and increased my productivity as I rewrote our organizational strategy.

Andrew and the Seahorse Resort Team have an amazingly chill vibe and are amazing hosts. From my local trail run to my few days of gluttonous feasting at great restaurants at their recommendation, they helped to shape an unexpected and unbeatable experience.

My Ocean front view was a welcome distraction at moments from my work, with quiet calm of the blue ocean and skies in the near distance. The studio was immaculate with it's hip furnishings. I loved the ground floor unit with its own furnished deck.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Seahorse Resort? Share your experiences!