“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! A GREAT STAY!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in San Clemente
Murray, Nebraska
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! A GREAT STAY!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I travel weekly for my job. I am very loyal to the Hilton family but I usually avoid Hampton Inns because they do not have some of the amentities that I enjoy. I stayed at this Hampton because it was close to my Marine son. I am glad i chose this property. The staff was wonderful. The hotel is undergoing renovations and the construction did not interupt my stay at all. The staff and workers were very good and made sure that the guests had everything they needed. The rooms were comfortable and had a microwave and refrig which is a must for me. This trip was a mix of business and pleasure and I have already rebooked for another stay. Great motel with easy access to I-5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

When we arrived to check in we realized we had booked the wrong hotel. But the lady at the front desk was very gracious and even though we arrived early, was able to get us a wonderful room with an awesome view. They have a great breakfast spread in the morning. excellent selection and very nice wait staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. We didn't want to go home!! We will stay there everytime we go to visit our grand child. It is very convenient to Camp Penndleton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We chose this location because of its proximity to Camp Pendleton, where my son is stationed, and because we are Hilton Honors members. The facility was located nicely within walking distance of several restaurants and the beach, and it afforded a very easy drive to the freeway.

We also like the suite-style of rooms.

However, the air conditioning unit in my room was 'clanky', and so I just shut it off at night. It kept me up the first night. We were only staying the weekend, and so I figured a call to maintenance would not pan out during my stay anyway.

Getting internet access was troublesome as well. Followed the directions provided, but my laptop didn't cooperate as well as it does at other hotels. The front desk guy was very helpful - offered to help me if I brought my laptop down to lobby - but I figured it out by doing some tinkering with settings.

The breakfast area had been moved temporarily to the lobby, and so lobby relaxation was strained (there was always food around). When we booked the hotel, the completion date for the 'real' breakfast room was supposed to be the week before our arrival, and so it was a disappointment that the project was not completed as advertised. The 1st floor was under complete renovation for that breakfast room, and unfortunately that's where the fitness center and pool access were as well. It was hard to get around that floor (carpet torn up, etc.). We just avoided it entirely.

Of all the Hamptons I've stayed in, this one was average. Its location was the major selling point (and the San Clemente weather!). Staff was very, very friendly tho.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highway side. You can see the ocean - it's beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Irwin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We checked in early evening of Feb 16th. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. My husband walked by later and made a comment that the pool was a little cold. Soon after that we got a call from her that she turned the heat up! Most hotels would not have taken his comment seriously. As I went to the pool there was a nice gentleman there checking to make sure the pool was warm enough for us. There was a welcome letter, Doritos and a bottle of water in our room. It is really all these little things that can make or break your travel experience. It was such a nice stay for us. Besides all the nice staff, the room was clean and large. The parking spaces were plenty and secured. We are making another trip to this hotel soon!

Room Tip: Yes if your room faces the freeway you would hear a tad of traffic but you can also see the ocean wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Eppy is the best clerk ever!!! yay! such a refreshing stay! the linnes fresh and furniture is very high quality. its very clean and roomy. just loved my stay been a while since i have enjoyed a room so much! great value!

Room Tip: they have ocean view rooms with balconies!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lomita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the past 2 years. Though the rooms show their age, they are still a great value. Access to the hotel is easily accessible by street or freeway. The location is close to the downtown shopping area in San Clemente and the municipal golf course. The staff is always very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the rooom size, layout, condition and amenities.The breakfast had a wide array of choices. I noticed they used Thomas' English Muffins, not some off brand. The breakfast staff and front desk people were friendly and helpful. We especially liked the underground parking right next to the lobby for a limited number of guests. We had a room on the interstate side but the noise was minimal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente? Share your experiences!