“Very nice, close to the beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very nice, close to the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very clean newer hotel. Our room was very spacious with a big balcony. Service was amazing! We called down for an extra blanket and there was a knock on the door within 2 minutes. Breakfast was typically Hampton but the ladies kept fresh food coming out consistently and they kept the dining room impeccably clean.

Great location. Literally a two minute drive to the state beach which is really nice. This was a work trip, but I'm looking at coming back with just my family.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are looking forward to welcome you and your family in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I arrived at this Hampton Inn Jan.15, for a supposed 3 week business trip. 118 days later, I checked out!! The hotel staff is without question the friendliest I've ever encountered. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff knew me by name as I became a resident of San Clemente. kkkkkkkk My family flew out for a visit and stayed here as well. We were all treated good as gold. Each evening when I returned to my room from work, it had been cleaned as if I had just checked in. The pool and jacuzzi out back are a great place to relax and unwind under the stars in the evenings. For the early risers, the breakfast room opens at 6am every day, with a good variety of items to start the day, and I never saw the hostess, Luisa without a smile on her face. I will certainly stay here again when duty calls.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi Kevin!

This year's outage really was something else, wasn't it? Glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one for you and your family, and we are looking forward to welcome you again the next time duty calls!

Greetings,
your team from the Hampton Inn San Clemente!
Frederick, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Travelled to San Clemente on a business trip. Hotel is nicely located. Room was facing the Interstate noise was abundant but after a while you get used to it. Breakfast service was excellent and Luisa who worked there had excellent customer service skills. Room was average but very clean, phone next to the bed did not work but I never call anyone to get it fixed. Overall was a pleasant stay, frontdesk staff housekeeping staff were friendly and customer focused. I will most definetely stay here again in the future.

Efrain

Room Tip: Sonnys Pizza in San Clemente was great. Excellent pasta and pizza.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for this kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! I apologize about the phone - please feel free to email me your room number at sandrag[at]dknhotels[dot]com so I can make sure that we had it fixed.
Spring Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The wife and I traveled to San Clemente and stayed overnight so we could be closer to the whale watching event in Dana Point.

When we arrived to the hotel, we were warmly greeted and quickly registered. We immediately noticed that the staff was determined to make this a good experience for us.

The room was clean, nice (or neutral) in smell, and we had no problems with any of the amenities. It is apparent that the staff maintains the rooms just like you want them to. The pool and hot tub was nice to use- all good selling points.

There was a full breakfast with everything I wanted to eat and more. It was your won fault if you went away hungry!

The hotel also hosts an early evening mixer in which they served drinks and nachos in their lobby. The manager Rosalind kept the guests happy with her friendly manner. She was genuine in her interest in hosting us, and she is worth her weight in gold! My only regret was I didn't ask her if she was available to meet my son...

The only thorn is the lower level parking that has spaces that are really too tight for an average sized car (or SUV). There is parking spaces next to the hotel, and this is where we finally parked. The hotel should consider re-striping these lower level spaces.

My personal shout out to Rosalind B- thanks for the way you do your job! (Hampton Inns is blessed to have you as part of their staff.)

We definitely recommend the hotel and I have saved it into my GPS should my feeble mind forget it's location. Kudos to the ownership and all of the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review! We have forwarded it to Rosalind and recognized her for a job well done!
San Clemente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I needed a place to stay during a termite tenting at our house. Thought about staying at the Double tree in Dana Point, but after the add - ons at the Double Tree (parking $22, Wifi $15 etc) we decide this might be the better value. We were on the view side, and it is noisy, but not to bad if you have the window/door closed. (we live near the freeway, so we are more imune). If you need quiet, ask to be on the golf course side. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. The room was small, but my wife was able to work at the desk. Bed was comfy, room was clean. This is away from the "action" in San Clemente. You can actually walk to quite a bit of stuff, but most of it will be more than 15minutes. I would stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Oh, termite tentings are such a pain in the neck... we are glad we were able to provide a pleasant stay while you had to be away from your home, and hope to welcome you back again in the future.
San Clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had originally reserved three nights due to our entire house being carpeted and absolutely nowhere to sleep or cook meals or get to any additinal clothing.
Long story short... Our carpet didn't arrive at the warehouse so they couldn't install the carpeting.

Due to that snafu we asked the daytime manager Rosalind if she could please cancel two days due to our situation. She didn't hesitate, was very helpful and based on that we are going to book three more days with that hotle.
The room was exceptional, clean, spacious and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We will certainly recognize Rosalind for a job well done.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The friendly service and recommendations from the front desk were outstanding. Great restaurants with in walking distance. Parking was free and fantastic. Community and beaches outstanding. Made for a perfect weekend.

Room Tip: Third floor ocean view was nice. We did not have a balcony, think you can request one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for this great review. Glad to hear you had a fantastic weekend!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente? Share your experiences!